Elzie (Chihuahua Mix)

Elzie (pronounced L-Z) is 2 years old now and luckily no terrible twos, even though he can be a little runt sometimes! He is a chihuahua mix. However, I am unaware of what he is mixed with he is a little bigger than most chihuahuas, he goes up past my knees when standing.

I got my pet two years ago. I adopted him from a pound, luckily, because they shut the pound down a year later. And usually we all know what they do to the animals if people do not adopt them. It was kind of an impulse. I actually wanted a different do. However, the employees there told me that I would have to wait two whole weeks to even get the dog I initially wanted. I began to browse again when I stumbled over this dog who was so scared of people but was so adorable with one ear straight up and the other flopping down, looking up at me with those big eyes. I asked about him, they said yes he just needed surgery. About a week later, I picked him.

Today he is most definitely a people dog, and cat lover. My dog loves to play with our cat (which is practically the same size as my dog) they love to roll around and just have fun. He loves to play catch or when I run after him. If he wants me to run after him he will come up and stand up on my leg then run away in circles it is so cute.

He loves to be the center of attention and when I pull out his little box of dress up clothes he comes and sits down for me to put them on him. :) His favorite, I think, is the pirate outfit. Special cute tricks that I showed him to do is: I tell him to give me a hug of course I am sitting down and he will come over and put his paws on both of my shoulders. And I figured since he was a Chihuahua, he speaks Spanish right :) so I tell him da me un beso (give me a kiss) and he will.

By Kaitlyn

Elzie (Chihuahua Mix)

Elzie is such a cutie. You can tell you're his proud Mum, just by the way you speak of him!

What a sweetie pie! So glad you gave Mr Cute Stuff a home and a chance for a happy life!

Very adorable story for an adorable guy. I love the bend in the one ear.

What a cutie! Muchas Gracias for adopting him.

Photos Pets DogsMay 13, 2010
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Chihuahua Mix Photos
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix