Molding Canned Cranberry Sauce

Can you use canned cranberry sauce to put into a mold? If so how do I do it? My family will only eat cranberry sauce in a can.

By Barbara from Bluefield, WV

Our family likes the canned stuff too. It seems to weep once you mess with it much so I don't know if you could mold it or not. To change the presentation of the canned jelly with all it's glorious can indentations and all I take it out of the can, then cut slices and then use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the round slices. A small turkey shape for Thanksgiving and usually a star for Christmas.

They stay together better if at least a half inch slices or up to the height of the cookie cutter. The scraps get used up on leftovers/sandwiches or once I used on half a pan of a recipe for jam filled oatmeal bars and used jam on the the other half.

I don't see why you couldn't just place it in small individual serving jello molds (or one larger one if you use more than one can and want to just make one large mold) and gently but firmly press it in and cover and refridgerate until serving.

Use a can opener to cut/open both ends of the can so that you can press it out in one large piece instead of scooping it out with a spoon. That should help keep it from weeping.

Mom would heat Hogs Head Cheese (New Orleans dish made of seasoned pork shoulder pieces in gelatin) and pour it into tartlet shells, refrigerate and serve when cooled. Don't see why you couldn't do this with Cranberry Sauce. Don't let the name Hogs Head Cheese revolt you.

Years ago the FDA stopped allowing the use of hogs head, thsy the pork shoulder. Just another case of using all that you had available.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceOctober 24, 2009
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Installing Crown Molding, Crown Molding Ready to be Installed
Installing Crown Molding
white molding red wall
Molding Advice for a Red Wall
Cranberry sauce on toast.
Recipes Using Cranberry Sauce
🎄