Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Butter Separating from Fudge

0EmailPrintFollowSave

Why does the butter keep separating from my fudge? This has not happened in previous years. The one thing that I am doing different is washing down the side of the pan with a pastry brush. The chocolate fudge is with marshmallow creme.

By Melissa from NE

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

01/08/2010 Flag

I am not positive if this is the culprit or not but I've read that humidity greatly affects making fudge so maybe washing down the side of the pan is doing the same that humidity does because of the water moisture? I hope this helps you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Elaine 173 890 01/09/2010 Flag

Are you using butter or margarine? If it is margarine, that would make it separate, especially if you use margarine that is not made for cooking and baking.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,479 01/12/2010 Flag

I have never had trouble with fudge, depending on the humidity. Now I don't make any candy because I am diabetic. However, when I was a kid, the only homemade candy that my Mother refrained from making unless the weather was ideal, was divinity. That was mainly if it was snowing, raining, or cloudy. When I did make candy I always used whatever margerine I had on hand, however, it was always the stick kind, not the whipped.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Keeper 58 1,055 03/11/2010 Flag

Try going on:baking911.com I don't know if it has an answer for your question but it's fun site if your into cooking, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes