Butter Separating from Fudge - Categories:

Food FixesFood Tips

Butter Separating from Fudge

Why does the butter keep separating from my fudge? This has not happened in previous years. The one thing that I am doing different is washing down the side of the pan with a pastry brush. The chocolate fudge is with marshmallow creme.

By Melissa from NE

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I am not positive if this is the culprit or not but I've read that humidity greatly affects making fudge so maybe washing down the side of the pan is doing the same that humidity does because of the water moisture? I hope this helps you!

Are you using butter or margarine? If it is margarine, that would make it separate, especially if you use margarine that is not made for cooking and baking.

I have never had trouble with fudge, depending on the humidity. Now I don't make any candy because I am diabetic. However, when I was a kid, the only homemade candy that my Mother refrained from making unless the weather was ideal, was divinity. That was mainly if it was snowing, raining, or cloudy. When I did make candy I always used whatever margerine I had on hand, however, it was always the stick kind, not the whipped.

Try going on:baking911.com I don't know if it has an answer for your question but it's fun site if your into cooking, etc.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJanuary 7, 2010
glass jar of ghee
Making Ghee (Clarified Butter)
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 12:30:45 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.