Rug Backing is Sticky

I have a fairly new rubber backed throw rug that is sticky on the bottom. It is one that goes in front of the toilet. It is now sticky. How can I get rid of that so I can still use it. The other rug I got for the bathroom did not get sticky. I have washed it but never put it in the dryer.

By LaVina

I had that problem with a very xpensive rug so in order to save it I bought the rubber shelf linning and cut it to fit on the back of the rug it works great and you can remove it to wash the rug. i also wash the rug in cold water on gentle and hang to dry!

Home and Garden Repair OtherJuly 26, 2011
Rug on a kitchen floor.
Removing Rug Backing Stuck to a Floor
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
A sewing machine making repairs.
Repairing Thermal Backing on Curtains
Frugal Quilt Backing Ideas
Frugal Quilt Backing Ideas