Converting a Crib Into a Bed

I received a four post custom crib for a steal when I was going to have my baby. Now as she approaches turning two I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to convert ANY crib into a full size bed? I know I would need to find a really good carpenter/woods man however, I just wondered if it could be done when the crib was not originally made to be converted. Thanks

Andjerm from TEXAS

Truthfully, I feel that if it is a crib size mattress--you really shouldn't go to all that trouble to make a bed out of it unless you are going to have a headboard made and possibly use the posts/rails for legs of the bed so you can put a full size twin mattress on it.

We took our son's crib apart and put the mattress on the floor next to a twin mattress on the floor.

It was done for safety reasons and we didn't want to spend the money on safety rails. Besides the fact, that they will soon outgrow the mattress.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I should have mentioned that yes, I do plan on buy a full size mattress for this bed. I would like to have the post made into a head board and foot board but I just didn't know if it would be possible. Thanks.

Sorry, I just reread your e-mail and you did say full size. After watching countless home improvement shows--anything can be made out anything. It just takes someone who know carpentry. If you can at least get a headboard made--do so. I found it's much easier to make a bed without a footboard.

One side removed making the crib into a day bed for a toddler.
Alternative Uses for a Crib
Home and Garden Home Improvement FurnitureJanuary 19, 2007
A baby stroller being used as a dog stroller.
Converting a Baby Stroller Into a Pet Stroller
bumper pads on stairs
Crafts and Other Uses for Crib Bumper Pads
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 3:35:42 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 978 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.