Product FinderConsumer Advice

Tomato Paste In A Tube

Where can I find the tomato paste in a tube? Rosie uses it on her TV show, but never says anything about it. Thanks.

Hope from Charleston, SC

I heard Rachael Ray say that you can buy it at any store, I have seen it at Martin's store by the veggies in tubes of tomato paste and other pastes in a tube:-) Hope this helps.

I've found it in Publix near the tomato paste cans.

I think I have seen it at World Market before. Or I bet Trader Joe's would have it.

Since you've already gotten some replies, and since this is a thrifty site...if you want to buy it in a tube so you can use small amounts and store it longer, you can always freeze partial contents of a can in a small baggie. I think it might cost less this way.

It's usually near the canned tomatoes aisle, but ask the store manager - you may be surprised at where they tucked it. At one grocery they kept it next to the anchovies in a tube in the fish section.

I've seen it at Albertson's in the produce dept. They had all types of pastes in tubes, not just tomato paste. It was quite costly. I, myself, would open 1 can of tomato paste & make 1 tablespoon dollops of it on a wax paper lined plate & freeze. When completely frozen, peel off the frozen sauce off the wax paper & put in a freezer bag (mark it, on the outside: tomato paste for recipes). As you're cooking, take out the needed amount, out of the bag. This would be more cost effective than paying $3.99 or more for a tube. Happy Times in the Kitchen!