MiscellaneousCollectibles

Uses for a Vintage Purse

The only thing I have of my paternal grandmother's, is a vintage purse. Does anybody have any suggestions for what I could keep in it, so that it has a purpose?

By Stella from Manchester, WA

Best Answer

Debbie 52 has a great idea. Sit it on your dresser to keep things in. Maybe combs and hair brushes, of bottles of fingernail polish. Maybe makeup, anyhting small that scatters in a drawer. It's such a cute purse, it could have many uses

It is very cute and I would perserve it instead of using it. Keep it nice to pass it down. Sometimes things like this get passed down for many generations. It is small enough to take up very little space. Put it in a drawer or chest for safekeeping.

I was thinking you could keep special pieces of jewelry in it and perhaps some small keepsakes and place on your dresser. You could also turn it into a floral arrangement and the purse would be like the vase. Have the lid opened and do a floral arrangement inside. I'm meaning silk flowers. It's a darling little purse.

Anonymous

I was also going to say to display it with other keepsakes in it but I would use it for very special occasions too because then she'll be there with you on those occasions :-) BTW, the purse is absolutely adorable!

A sewing kit.