Lint Balls on Fleece

I bought a fleece sweat suit and first time I washed it balled up and has lint all over it. I followed the washing instructions and that is what happened. I have used all kinds of lint brushes and nothing has worked. Any suggestions please to how I can get all the little lint balls off?

Vicki from Texas

going over it lightly w/ a arazor works pretty well. just remember to be light handed, you don't want to knick the fabric

Sometimes going over the surface with a rubber glove will pick up lint and pet fur.

Is it made with acrylic fibers? Don't ever buy anything made with acrylic - they are the worst for fuzz balling up!

thank you for the suggestions

If any other please i would appreciate

Just tried one of the suggestions for this same problem - I washed a pair of black pajamas and got so much lint. I rewashed several times, then got this wonderful suggestion.

Wash item in water and white vinigar - worked like a charm.

I don't know if it would work on fleece, but when I was young my husband's police uniform pants would get pills in the front across the stomach area and I went over them lightly with sandpaper. I would dig around in his shop equipment and find a piece of the sandpaper whenever I needed a new piece. One piece would work for several times.

I'm able to avoid this problem by not washing fleece with towels or denim. The lint from the towels is guaranteed to ball up on the fleece. If the lint balls are really stuck to the shirt, you'll probably need to use a razor.

polar fleece jackets
Cleaning Fleece
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingApril 18, 2007
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
Lint Roller
Uses for a A Lint Roller