Paint Pen Stain on Wood Furniture

How do you get ink stains off of a wood desk without damaging the wood? With alcohol? Thanks.

By Susan from Riverview, FL

Best Answer

Try a dab of hand sanitizer gel. It removes permanent marker pen from kitchen worktops.

Try it in an inconspicuous place first. Best of luck, Monique :)

Best Answer

Hi Monique - I just wanted you to know that the hand sanitizer worked wonders! In this instance, I used Purell since that was all that I had around the house. Before I began, I tested a small spot where the ink was and after rubbing it in vigorously the ink disappeared. Afterwards, I wiped the area off with a damp microfiber towel and added a small amount of Vitamin E oil (since it is a natural oil) - to add any lost moisture. I want to note that I tried most of the suggestions here (WD-40), nail polish remover, etc. but your suggestion worked wonders for me on my Italian beige finished lacquer furniture. Sending a big "thank you" your way. *Summit 3122.*

Spilled ink on wood surface. There is also an open bottle and a pen.
Removing Pen and Ink Stains from Wood Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureMarch 17, 2010
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film