Removing an Ink Stain on Wood Furniture

Category Furniture
Care needs to always be taken when removing stains from wood furniture. The products used could damage the finish; pretest solutions in an inconspicous location. This is a page about how to remove an ink stain on wood furniture.

How do you get ink stains off of a wood desk without damaging the wood? With alcohol? Thanks.

By susan echellman from Riverview, FL

Best Answer

Try a dab of hand sanitizer gel. It removes permanent marker pen from kitchen worktops.
Try it in an inconspicuous place first. Best of luck, Monique :)

Best Answer

Hi Monique - I just wanted you to know that the hand sanitizer worked wonders! In this instance, I used Purell since that was all that I had around the house. Before I began, I tested a small spot where the ink was and after rubbing it in vigorously the ink disappeared. Afterwards, I wiped the area off with a damp microfiber towel and added a small amount of Vitamin E oil (since it is a natural oil) - to add any lost moisture.

I want to note that I tried most of the suggestions here (WD-40), nail polish remover, etc. but your suggestion worked wonders for me on my Italian beige finished lacquer furniture. Sending a big "thank you" your way. *Summit 3122.*