Mr. Slim Heating/Cooling Unit

Does anyone have knowledge or experience regarding the Mitsubishi Mr. Slim heating/air conditioning system? I have total electric and we're wondering if it would be any savings to install one Mr. Slim unit (which goes high up in the wall) to use instead of our baseboard heat in each room. Would appreciate any info. Thanks so much.

Bonnie from Tuckerton

Your question can only be answered correctly by knowing more about the layout of your home. The Mr. Slim unit you mention can be very efficient and depending upon where you live, It will be very energy efficient as many of the new systems have a very high "SEER" rating. If your home has an open floorplan, it will probably do a very good job of heating and cooling the space. They are also very quiet. You should know that the colder the climate IE: North Dakota vs North Carolina will play a factor in how well your system will heat if used as a heatpump.

I just installed two of these units in an addition we constructed and I highly recommend them. They are absolutely energy efficient and have little maintenance associated with their use. There are filters which can be removed by homeowner and cleaned in a sink or under a garden hose. (I just did it) They're a bit pricey, but well worth it, especially if you've lived w/out A/C as we have for some time. I still use my hot water heat, but only in the older zones of the house. Check online to see if you can purchase an end of model clearance, but be sure you have someone in the area who can install the same AND WARRANTY THEM! Good Luck!

Thanks so much for the info. Happy Holidays!

Home and Garden Home Improvement HeatingNovember 1, 2007
Changing a furnace filter.
Furnace Maintenance Tips
Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
Insulating Your Home, Insulation Ready to Be Installed
Insulating Your Home
Slim Fast Bottle
Homemade Slim Fast Recipes