Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Denture Cleaner Recipe

Does anyone have info on making homemade denture cleaner? I'm not interested in bleach; my dentist said never use bleach as it bleaches them out. I've seen homemade everything, but not this. Thank you.

Joanie

By Joan

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By lovingnature [39]06/09/2010

Smoker's toothpaste as it helps with smoking, coffee, tea stains and etc. A little Dial antibacterial soap (the foam kind) (I recommend the pear scent) works great too. You can use the non-foam kind; they both work the same way but, I prefer the foam for me. I use the Dial one week and the smoker's toothpaste the next and so on. Both of these do not cost a lot (can get both be found at the dollar store). A little goes a long way!
I recommend that you use a regular soft toothbrush to gently clean your dentures with the above products. **If you can't use dial soap products you can use any brand of antibacterial soaps.**

By Elaine [129]06/09/2010

Baking soda works as well as anything.

By Joan Dykes [14]06/09/2010

Thanks Linda, I'm heading to the store tomorrow. I drink lots of tea and coffee that stains them. joanie

By linda [8]06/09/2010

The best way I have found to clean my dentures are with a toothbrush and Lava soap. My dentist recommend this, and it really gets my dentures clean.

Linda :o)