Homemade Denture Cleaner Recipe

Does anyone have info on making homemade denture cleaner? I'm not interested in bleach; my dentist said never use bleach as it bleaches them out. I've seen homemade everything, but not this. Thank you.

By Joan

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By linda 8 57 06/09/2010

The best way I have found to clean my dentures are with a toothbrush and Lava soap. My dentist recommend this, and it really gets my dentures clean.

Linda :o)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Joan Dykes 14 43 06/09/2010

Thanks Linda, I'm heading to the store tomorrow. I drink lots of tea and coffee that stains them. joanie

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Elaine 173 890 06/09/2010

Baking soda works as well as anything.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By lovingnature 39 19 06/09/2010

Smoker's toothpaste as it helps with smoking, coffee, tea stains and etc. A little Dial antibacterial soap (the foam kind) (I recommend the pear scent) works great too. You can use the non-foam kind; they both work the same way but, I prefer the foam for me. I use the Dial one week and the smoker's toothpaste the next and so on. Both of these do not cost a lot (can get both be found at the dollar store). A little goes a long way!
I recommend that you use a regular soft toothbrush to gently clean your dentures with the above products. **If you can't use dial soap products you can use any brand of antibacterial soaps.**

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No