Barli (Lab-St. Bernard)

Barli is 7 years old and a half Lab, half St Bernard. I named Barli, the German word for Little Bear, after the brown goat in the book Heidi. I found out later that one of my German friends, big old Teddy Bear, himself, had that as his nickname.

Barli is a camping fool! Just bring out the ice chest, and watch him head for Helen, the Holladay Rambler Motorhome! If he ever gets in, he won't come out till we leave, unless we coax him with food. hahaha That is his other fun thing to do -- EAT!

We were camping in this photo, in Maggie Valley, NC. Whenever we would start to eat at our picnic table, Barli took his spot, so we just started feeding him 'people food' on his own paper plate. When we go camping, he won't eat doggie food unless it comes from Our Hand! He began that as a pup and still does the same. He is a hand-fed camping dog.

By Jacketbacker

Love you for loving Barli so. Love the camping story. Love that beautiful hunk of a pal. Barli belongs on a magazine cover. Love the name. Could I use it on my little dog that is coming in? She is a pom mix-blind-and looks like a little bear. Because she is blind, I wanted a beautiful, descriptive name for her.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a sweet, handsome boy with personality and I love his name!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Muttmom, feel free to name your little pom mix Barli! I like that idea a lot.

And thank you both for the feedback. We do love and spoil rotten our big, sweet dog. He is so gentle, he actually licked a stray kitty this past week, and has been known to lick a pet Guinea Pig my Grands had at our house. He never meets a stranger, but does not really like teens with their baggy pants and hats on sideways, growls and shows teeth when they arrive, feels need of protecting my grands, maybe? lol. He is a great doorbell for us, and always barks when anyone comes up, but when we say it is ok, he goes right into Pet Me Mode. I doubt with a 100 lb lap dog greeting folks at the door, if we will have many intruders.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

June 22, 2011 Flag

Barli is a 7 1/2 year old St. Bernard and Lab. We got Barli as a pup from our son, whose black Lab visited our neighbor's St Bernard and produced 10 puppies.

We have had him now for 7 1/2 years, and we love him more every day. Barli is an avid eater! He thinks he is a person and sits at the picnic table with us whenever we go camping. He has done this since he was young. He loves to ride with us anywhere, in our car, motor home, or golf cart.

Our Big Dog Barli is the world's biggest baby. Even though he has molars over 1 inch wide, he licks most all of his food, like a baby. He also licks the 'hound' out of us, and will lick cats, other dogs, ahd has even licked a guinea pig that my Grand had.

He never meets anyone or anything he doesn't like, unless you are wearing your hat. For some reason, he is not fond of people wearing bill caps! But as soon as he figures out who you are, the cap is no problem either.

By Jacketbacker

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Love the description of Barli's personality and oh my what a cutie he is! :-)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

May 17, 2011 Flag

Barli is a 7 1/2 year old Lab/St. Bernard mix. We got Barli as a wee puppy, from our son whose Lab visited our neighbor's St. Bernard, and had 10 adorable, BIG pups. Barli is a laid back kind of dog, and loves to sleep, feet up, spread out on our sofa.

Barli is also loves going camping with us and riding almost anywhere, anytime, in our golf cart. He loves people and makes pet stops quite often when at a campground. We recently visited Sadlers Creek on Lake Hartwell, where this photo was taken. Barli was chilling under our awning.

By Jacketbacker

Brown dog laying on the ground

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

I too have a Barli. I chose that name because of the character in the classic book Heidi. Your Barli is 20 times the size of mine (more to love). My Barli is special to me. When i saw her picture i had a responsibility. She had been kicking around for a month with no one to look out for her. She is blind (detached retinas). She was a bag of bones, so frightened and alone. The only help she got was after a month of seeing her bang around the people called the pound. Luckily she was pulled from getting put to sleep. Blind dog rescue in Washington contacted me and Barli and i have a really good cuddlefest going. It is wonderful to see her relax, lose some of the fear, gain a little weight, play with my others and the cuddles are unbelievable. Barli is a papillon/pomeranian. It is a good name. Even more special now that i know there is another loving Barli out there.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

December 26, 2012 Flag

Your Pet's Age
9

Your Pet's Breed
Lab/St Bernard mix

How and when did you get your pet?
Our son's Lab went next door and visited the neighbor's St Bernard. We got the biggest, and best in the litter of 10.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Barli loves to ride, especially in the golf cart, and in the front seat of our motorhome. He is a red-hot camper.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Barli loves everything and everyone. He thinks small animals are itty bitty friends, and he loves babies too. We recently had a great granddaughter, and Barli lies right beside her wherever we put her down. He will occasionally go over and take a sniff or two to be sure she is A-OK, then lie back down by her. He also does this for a friend's little boy when he visits. He has to be the smartest, sweetest dog we ever owned.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Very Beautiful!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes
Photos Pets DogsAugust 4, 2010
Old Chemistry Equipment
Uses for Old Chemistry Equipment
Lab Mix
Lab Mix Photos and Information
Saint Bernard Breed Information and Photos
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 10:44:35 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.