Barli (Lab - Saint Bernard)

Barli is a 7 1/2 year old Lab/St. Bernard mix. We got Barli as a wee puppy, from our son whose Lab visited our neighbor's St. Bernard, and had 10 adorable, BIG pups. Barli is a laid back kind of dog, and loves to sleep, feet up, spread out on our sofa.

Barli is also loves going camping with us and riding almost anywhere, anytime, in our golf cart. He loves people and makes pet stops quite often when at a campground. We recently visited Sadlers Creek on Lake Hartwell, where this photo was taken. Barli was chilling under our awning.

By Jacketbacker

I too have a Barli. I chose that name because of the character in the classic book Heidi. Your Barli is 20 times the size of mine (more to love). My Barli is special to me. When i saw her picture i had a responsibility. She had been kicking around for a month with no one to look out for her. She is blind (detached retinas). She was a bag of bones, so frightened and alone. The only help she got was after a month of seeing her bang around the people called the pound. Luckily she was pulled from getting put to sleep. Blind dog rescue in Washington contacted me and Barli and i have a really good cuddlefest going. It is wonderful to see her relax, lose some of the fear, gain a little weight, play with my others and the cuddles are unbelievable. Barli is a papillon/pomeranian. It is a good name. Even more special now that i know there is another loving Barli out there.

Reply Like this photo? Yes