Lab Mix Photos and Information

Category Dog Breeds
Mixed breed dogs make wonderful pets and often are available for adoption. This is a guide about lab mix photos and information.

This page contains lab pointer mix photos. Some of the best family pets are mixed breed dogs, especially mixed with the popular Labrador Retriever.

Lab Pointer Mix

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains Pit Bull Lab mix photos. Many of the best family pets are mixed breed dogs.

Pit Bull Lab Mix

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about yellow Labrador breed information and photos. Labrador Retrievers are a very popular dog breed known of their goodnatured personality and intelligence. They make great pets and also are favored as service dogs. The Labrador has three dominate coat colors: black, yellow, and chocolate.

Yellow Labrador

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Labrador Rottweiler mix information and photos. The Labrador Rottie mix is quite a popular combination of dog breeds.

Labrador Rottweiler

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains Beagle/Lab mix photos. A very, good companion can be a mixed breed dog.

Beagle/Lab Mix Photos

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains Labrador retriever breed information and photos. Labrador retrievers are a large, friendly and versatile sporting dog breed.

Labrador Retriever Breed Information and Photos

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I recently got a Lab Pit mix puppy. I am having trouble training her. She keeps going to the bathroom in my house. I take her out on a regular bases but she continues to keep doing it. She also rips up boxes, trash all the house. I'm wondering what I can do to train her better where I can leave her alone at my house.

Terrene from Latham, NY

Answers

I have owned pits for the past 4 years and have also owned 2 Labs. She is a puppy and just like a child she has to be taught. Is she kenneled? Taken out every 2 hours? Are you spanking her when she messes?

Right now I have the father of 3 litters. He's all Pit brindle but has Staffordshire and Colby Pit. I have his second daughter who is 8 months and against my word looks to be pregnant by the lab across the street.

I also have a 12 week old puppy from his second litter. She chewed through one of my computer cables and chews on everything. She's gotten better with behavior when I let her roam. She's kenneled overnight and roams during the day. I also bought her a squeak toy animal and shes not chewing as much. Hope this helps.

When you take her out give her a treat and still spend a little more time outside. And when you take her out, stop at the door, and bark. I no it sounds funny but that will show her that's what she needs to do to go out.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Bella is a 7 year old lab mix. We got her through a lab rescue 6 years ago. She likes to go for walks, play with our other dogs, and sleep in the sun.

Bella loves to curl up in boxes. This is a recent one of her staying warm in the Duraflame box.

By Amy B.

Comment Like this photo? 15

Your Pet's Age
11

Your Pet's Breed
Collie/Lab Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
I had just found out that I had cancer and was laying in bed, at 7:00am when my friend told me that I had a dog in my flower bed. I asked him to get it out. He said it is just a puppy. So I got up and brought her into the house dried her off and fed her. I was not going to get any more animals because I was not going to go through radiation. I had heard that it made ya sick and most time did not work. Later I found out that was chemo. Anyway I found out who owned her and that she had walked through a tall hay field about 1 1/2 blocks to get to me. I dropped her off was headed home. About 2 blocks later I turned around and went back and asked what they were going to do with her? They said that they were going to take her to the pound if no one wanted her. At that time they still killed the ones that were there too long. So I said well that is not going to happen to this one so I brought her home. I ended up going through radiation because I kept her. I have a lot of bad side affects from the radiation, but I have one of the sweetest dogs ever. That was in 2003 and I still have my precious little bundle. She still follows me around just like she did when she was a puppy. So she saved my life and I saved her life.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She loves to eat ice. She lets you know when she wants something and believe me, she makes sure you know what it is! I would be out mowing the yard and she would walk around behind me.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
While I was living in another town having radiation, I could not have her there at the apartments. She did not like that so she would tear up anything paper that she could get ahold of. One day at noon break Dennis came home and she was sitting in the middle of the kitchen and had torn up the linoleum. Looking up at him with the tail wagging like did I do big. So on Wednesday's Dennis would drive her 79 miles one way to see me. He let her visit for awhile and then drove back home to get some sleep and go to work. She is still just as spoiled to this day. Both of the dogs are.

Comment Like this photo? 6

Walter is a 4 year old Lab/Bull Mastiff. I got Walter at the Humane Society! He seems to be custom made for me as he is all the things I wanted in a dog and more. Walter was born for loving and will let anyone pet him for hours on end. He sleeps more often than he is awake and if fact, I think he wakes up JUST so he can go back to sleep!

By bethcriner

Walter the Dog Sleeping on a Blanket

Comment Like this photo? 9

Your Pet's Age
3 months

Your Pet's Breed
Chocolate Lab Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
Last week from an online post!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Bark, dig, and chase his tail!

He is a sweet, precious daddy's boy!

Comment Like this photo? 9

Your Pet's Age
almost 2

Your Pet's Breed
Lab/Pit

How and when did you get your pet?
My boyfriend got him for me as a birthday gift.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes to play, eat, shake hands, be around other dogs and all kinds of animals.

He is an adventurous and does well following us without a leash since he was little. He loves to dance and he is the best listener. When I am talking to him he acts as if he is really taking part of the conversation. When he sees daddy protecting or anything else he also trys to do what he does to protect his family.

Comment Like this photo? 7

We adopted her from an animal shelter when she was 5 months old. She loves to go on walks, wrestle, run, cuddle, play hide and seek, and ride on the blanket as the kids drag the blanket across the floor.

closeup

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Rusty is our 1 year old Lab/Shepherd mix. We got our dog from the SPCA about 2 months ago. He loves to play and run and chew. He has a Mr.Bill doll (remember, from Saturday Night Live?)...

Dog with toy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Kisser and Hugger are 8 months and 3 months. They are a pure bred Chocolate Lab and a Black Lab Mix. The chocolate one is from a breeder and the black one is from a rescue.

Kisser And Hugger (Chocolate Lab And Black Lab Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Chloe is a Jack Russell and Lab mix. Delilah is a Beagle and Lab mix. Both are two. They were strays left on side of road that I picked up. Both were starving.

Chloe and Delilah (Jack Russell/Lab and Beagle/Lab)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I rescued her 1 month ago. Lela loves it when we go on long hikes, usually 4 miles or more and she also loves going to the river.

at river

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I got her from the shelter 3 weeks ago.

yellow puppy

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This is a picture of Daisy who turned 8 weeks old yesterday, we think. Daisy's mom was a yellow Lab and I am not sure about her dad, either a Rottie or Dobbie. I rescued this little cutie from a local rescue place, she was a Christmas gift to my husband. Jan 2, 2002 my husband's dog had died tragically at the age of 4 and I felt like he was ready for another baby. When I went to see the puppies, she had 8 brothers and sisters, she ran up to me and sat there looking at me, it was instant love. For fun she likes to play with our beagle, Shiloh. She is a proud puppy, wherever my husband is, she will go and sit facing forward between his feet, she is so proud. She is a great addition to our family. Our 2 year old likes to run from her, she usually catches him by the pants and tugs. She thinks that is a fun game! By Dawn Sposato

young puppy

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Lola Hardy will be 3 on March 30, 2003. She is a Lab/Cattle dog mix. She was adopted from the Paulding Animal Shelter.

Lola Hardy (Lab/Cattle Dog)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I rescued him from the streets when he was a pup. He had been used as a bait dog. He is pictured here with his "mini me".

dog lying down with toy dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Dakota was from a shelter and Willow was from a rescue. They like to run around the back yard at full tilt.

Dakota and Willow

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Breeze is 10 years old. He is black lab and retriever. Coming back from the country, I saw a sign for free puppies.

dog face

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

We got her from a foster parent when she was 3 months old. Kimmy loves to eat our living room, literally. She will chew on the couch for hours!

Kimmy (Labrador Retriever Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Emmie was roaming the streets of San Antonio just a few days ago. Our neighbors found her with only her siblings and saved the best one for us! We brought her home late Sunday night.

black puppy with white chest

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

This is a photo of my Grandson, Christian, and his pet Daisy. She's a yellow Lab, who loves to play Baseball and is a pretty good outfielder.

christiandaisy.jpg

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I rescued Lena from a family who was getting rid of her and her siblings. They said they were getting rid of the pups due to the fact that Lena's mother (Labrador) ran away and came back pregnant and they don't know by what she got pregnant.

Lena (Lab Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I recently got a Lab Pit mix puppy. I am having trouble training her. She keeps going to the bathroom in

my house. I take her out on a regular basis, but she continues to keep doing it. She also rips up boxes,

there is trash all over the house. I'm wondering what I can do to train her better? Where I can leave her

alone at my house?

Terrene from Latham, NY

Answers:

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

A friend who recently bought a Lab puppy has been reading up on the subject of training and here is

something she's been doing, which she says takes patience, but works well since these dogs are so smart.

Whenever she takes the dog outside to use the bathroom, she rings a bell that she has hanging on the

door. The idea is to train the dog to ring the bell on its own when it needs to go out. It won't work of

course until the dog has complete control of it's bowels, but it would be worth a try. (02/11/2007)

By holgad

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

Perhaps I can help; like babies, puppies' digestive systems aren't quite fully developed. The best way,

I've found to get them to understand house training is to keep it regulated along with mealtimes. (I'm

assuming that you don't leave food out all the time). Take them outside first thing in the morning, give

lots of praise for doing what's to be done and then, after every meal, repeat the same routine. It helps

if mealtimes are at regular times and if supper is well before bedtime, to allow time for nature to take

it's course.

Try to make sure your pup associates a certain word or phrase with each action, ie., dinner, walkies,

toilet, etc., and after a few days of sticking rigidly to the routine, puppy should associate each one of

his/her newly learned actions with the appropriate keyword followed by your response. At mealtimes, make

sure the puppy knows that it's time to eat up, give him/her adequate time and then take the food away if

it isn't all eaten. This way, you know how much he's consuming and it also helps save on the pet food

bills. Hope this helps. (02/11/2007)

By ShonaProphett

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

If you're not already, read up on crate training. I raise Labs and have always raised my pups this way.

You and the dog will be very happy! (02/12/2007)

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

We have a black Lab, he is almost 1, the best thing you can do for your dog is crate train him/her, that

worked like a charm for us. Labs instinctively like to chew or eat anything, so make sure your pup has a

lot of different chew toys. Our dog had a few accidents in the house when we first got him, which is

normal, just keep taking her outside, we got good at recognizing when he looked like he was going to go,

and we would quickly get him outside. Don't get discouraged, Labs are so much fun and they are quick

learners. (02/13/2007)

By Karen

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

I would say crate training is good. I have a Pit/Lab mix who is 1 1/2 old. I house trained him by talking

him out every half hour, I used the phase "go pee", and gave him treats when he used the bathroom

outside. Now I just open the door and say "go pee" and that's what he does. He is one of the biggest

90lbs Lab dogs around. (01/14/2009)

By Rachel

width="400" height="300" alt="RE: Lab Pit Mix Puppy" />

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

My boyfriend and I found Ringo, our black Lab, Pit mix puppy in the middle of the road when he was about

six to eight weeks old. We potty trained him in about a month. We took him out constantly and whenever he

used the bathroom we went "go pee pee" and cheered and clapped. He already knows sit and speak. He also

knows "drop it" when he has something. He is the sweetest craziest dog ever. We have lots and lots of

toys for him to play with. He does have a habit of chewing things he shouldn't, but immediately drops

them when I say "drop it". I guess it's really all about patience.

I never get stressed out with him. I am calm and he listens to me. Walking him is a challenge (during

certain parts of the walk) he just loves to meet new people and new doggies. He's so friendly and we

socialized him like crazy from the get go. For example, we walked him around downtown Asheville, NC for

hours and had a hundred or so people play and pet him. We take him with us everywhere. Get your dog out

of the house. Take him to the park. He is such an awesome dog to have. I just wonder if he will be

protective when he gets older. I will just have to find out. He also loves the car. It took two weeks for

him to not whine while in the car. I was just patient and though freakishly annoying, he eventually got

used to it and loves it. It all takes time. (06/01/2009)

By Rebecca C

height="533" alt="RE: Lab Pit Mix Puppy" />

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

I just recently got a Lab Pit mix puppy. Her name is Delilah. She is the most well trained dog I have

had. She is about 16 weeks old and I've only had her 1 week. She already knows how to 'sit' and 'shake'.

She is such an intelligent dog. I recommend anybody to get one. She is so precious and sweet.

(11/21/2009)

By elle_press

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

First, I must say you will be very happy with your dog once it is trained. I have a Lab Pit mix and he

is the best dog! I had some problems training mine because they are stubborn! My friends thought he was

nuts and me as well for keeping him, but they are shocked at how well trained and what a wonderful dog he

is.

To potty train every time he would go in the house I would take his paw and scratch it on the door

over and over to show him how to tell me that he needed to go. Then I realized I did not want him

scratching the door so I would tell him "door, door, door" when he would have an accident. Now he stands

by the door when he needs to go.

For the tearing stuff up, I totally understand. I came home with my entire carpet (entire apartment)

ripped up and the padding in shreds along with my favorite heels. Get a bone, problem solved! I got him

rawhide bones on a regular basis and never had a problem again. ever. (11/23/2009)

By gabsjudas

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

As long as you let him know who is the alpha dog you are alright. Best dog I have ever had.

(11/25/2009)

By balabin

height="300" alt="RE: Lab Pit Mix Puppy" />

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

If we do not walk Charlie at least once a day he chews anything in his reach. His behavior is stellar

when we exercise him often. (11/25/2009)

By balabin

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

I have a Lab Pit Bull mix too. He is definitely a chewer, but we have gotten him to focus on chewing the

right stuff. You have to set them up to win. Puppy proof your house. Put up anything that she can chew.

Put the trash up high if you leave the house or room and leave plenty of interesting play toys around in

random places to keep them busy. Even tie up some old clothes since chewing naughty toys is what they are

more interested in. Remember they only chew when they are bored, so keep them interested. And the soup

bone idea is a great idea too, soup bones are only about $2 at any market and they last forever. They are

good for their teeth too.
(04/07/2010)

By Kylie17

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

My husband and I got a Lab/Pit mix, Trixie, from a local shelter going on 5 years ago, now. She is the

best dog, but because she is extremely energetic, we did have to do a little extra. When we first got

her, Trixie was so crazy it was hard to even have her in the house, barking, tearing, and chewing things

up when we left her alone (even for a few minutes), and racing around our house (which is full of

breakable, delicate things). With training, she does not go up on the furniture (except "her" windowseat

and our bed).

We crate trained her for when we are both out of the house, using the largest dog crate available. She

knows it is her "time out" space and goes in willingly for a treat, then naps, or relaxes. Also, and this

was the biggest thing, we invested in an invisible fence around our property. We have a big yard, and

she has the full run of it. These dogs have a lot of energy. She gets it all out outside and then is calm

indoors. Even though she loves being walked on a leash, sometimes she needs to run full out.

Don't worry too much about temperament. Trixie was found in the Bronx, so we always joke that she was

bred to be the ultimate fighting dog who also goes in the water. What she is is a huge mush, totally

gentle with children, friendly with other dogs and extremely affectionate with all, but completely afraid

of water, like she won't even walk through a puddle. We have a pool, so this is very sad. She prefers to

lay out and sun herself by it instead of swimming. (08/06/2010)

By LealandEve

height="301" alt="RE: Lab Pit Mix Puppy" />

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

I'm a 22 year old college student who lives in an apartment and just recently got a Lab/Pit puppy, and I

think the most important thing is being ready to put in the energy she needs. She is great with my 16

month old nephew, but she gets really excited around new kids she's not used to and could potentially knock

them down trying to play.

House training her took a couple weeks and patience. Monitoring her water intake, and getting her on a

schedule was vital. When she was three months we took her out every hour, now that she's four months,

it's three times during the day, and once right before bed. I can leave her at home for hours now and she

will not have an accident.

Every day I take her on a 2 mile morning run, and play a long evening game of fetch with her.
Chewing on things was a big deal when we first got her, and it's still an issue, but not as big. It's

just a matter of making sure nothing chewable is on the floor and making sure she has chew toys that are

hers. The big dog bones are the best at keeping her occupied.

She's also very intelligent. She's trained not to go on furniture, in the bedrooms, or to run outside

when the door opens; she waits until she's told she can. She can also sit, lay, and stay on command. It

just took time and consistency to train her. Although I'm still working on getting her to come to her

name.

She's the sweetest puppy, great with my nephew, but requires a lot of time and energy. If you have the

patience and time to work with a Pit/Lab puppy, I would definitely recommend it. Just know: it takes

time, time, time! If she is full of energy, you have to get up and go run with her. If you can't, because

you don't have time, you're disabled, or just lazy, this is not the dog for you. (09/09/2010)

By katarina88

height="267" alt="RE: Lab Pit Mix Puppy" />

Lab Pit Mix Puppy

My Lab Pit mix is amazing he was potty trained at 10 weeks old and is now only 6 months old and knows how

to sit, shake, speak, and almost roll over. (01/04/2011)

By bestdogs

Solo and Romeo are a little over three years old and are a Lab Mix. A few years ago, I adopted them from a co-worker moving out of state. 5 only meant to adopt Romeo, but when we arrived, Solo was waiting, too, and they were inseparable. So glad we did because they're great company for each other.

They love to be petted, brushed, walked, love to fetch (especially snow balls), wrestle and play with each other, and spend time eating their huge chew bones.

They have white feet and white chest markings. Our neighbor told us they look like they have on tuxedos and spats! They're very, very smart and obedient and do all commands in unison. They're my 'beautiful boys' and I couldn't imagine life without them now.

By Tracey from Canton, OH

Spots and Blacks (Lab/Pit Mix)

Spots and Blacks (Lab/Pit Mix)

This is Spots and Blacks. They're now 10 months old and a Lab/Pit mix. They followed our other dog Leia home from walkies.

They like to tackle each other and run around the yard. They came to us when we weren't looking to add to the family, and we're glad they did! Things happen for a reason ..

By Deidra from Aurora, MO