Lab Mix Photos and Information

Category Dog Breeds
Mixed breed dogs make wonderful pets and often are available for adoption. This is a page about lab mix photos and information.

I recently got a Lab Pit mix puppy. I am having trouble training her. She keeps going to the bathroom in my house. I take her out on a regular bases but she continues to keep doing it. She also rips up boxes, trash all the house. I'm wondering what I can do to train her better where I can leave her alone at my house.

Terrene from Latham, NY

Answers

I have owned pits for the past 4 years and have also owned 2 Labs. She is a puppy and just like a child she has to be taught. Is she kenneled? Taken out every 2 hours? Are you spanking her when she messes?

Right now I have the father of 3 litters. He's all Pit brindle but has Staffordshire and Colby Pit. I have his second daughter who is 8 months and against my word looks to be pregnant by the lab across the street.

I also have a 12 week old puppy from his second litter. She chewed through one of my computer cables and chews on everything. She's gotten better with behavior when I let her roam. She's kenneled overnight and roams during the day. I also bought her a squeak toy animal and shes not chewing as much. Hope this helps.

When you take her out give her a treat and still spend a little more time outside. And when you take her out, stop at the door, and bark. I no it sounds funny but that will show her that's what she needs to do to go out.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Bella is a 7 year old lab mix. We got her through a lab rescue 6 years ago. She likes to go for walks, play with our other dogs, and sleep in the sun.

Bella loves to curl up in boxes. This is a recent one of her staying warm in the Duraflame box.

By Amy B.

Comment Like this photo? 15

Your Pet's Age
11

Your Pet's Breed
Collie/Lab Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
I had just found out that I had cancer and was laying in bed, at 7:00am when my friend told me that I had a dog in my flower bed. I asked him to get it out. He said it is just a puppy. So I got up and brought her into the house dried her off and fed her. I was not going to get any more animals because I was not going to go through radiation. I had heard that it made ya sick and most time did not work. Later I found out that was chemo. Anyway I found out who owned her and that she had walked through a tall hay field about 1 1/2 blocks to get to me. I dropped her off was headed home. About 2 blocks later I turned around and went back and asked what they were going to do with her? They said that they were going to take her to the pound if no one wanted her. At that time they still killed the ones that were there too long. So I said well that is not going to happen to this one so I brought her home. I ended up going through radiation because I kept her. I have a lot of bad side affects from the radiation, but I have one of the sweetest dogs ever. That was in 2003 and I still have my precious little bundle. She still follows me around just like she did when she was a puppy. So she saved my life and I saved her life.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She loves to eat ice. She lets you know when she wants something and believe me, she makes sure you know what it is! I would be out mowing the yard and she would walk around behind me.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
While I was living in another town having radiation, I could not have her there at the apartments. She did not like that so she would tear up anything paper that she could get ahold of. One day at noon break Dennis came home and she was sitting in the middle of the kitchen and had torn up the linoleum. Looking up at him with the tail wagging like did I do big. So on Wednesday's Dennis would drive her 79 miles one way to see me. He let her visit for awhile and then drove back home to get some sleep and go to work. She is still just as spoiled to this day. Both of the dogs are.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Walter is a 4 year old Lab/Bull Mastiff. I got Walter at the Humane Society! He seems to be custom made for me as he is all the things I wanted in a dog and more.

Walter the Dog Sleeping on a Blanket

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

We got him last week from an online post! He likes to bark, dig, and chase his tail!

Bailey on bed

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

My boyfriend got him for me as a birthday gift.

Chazz in  a bus station (?)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Bella is our 8 year old Lab mix. We were looking for a pet for our autistic son and a family member knew someone who needed a home for Bella. They didn't have enough time to spend with her, so they gave her to us.

Bella relaxing on the floor.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

We adopted her from an animal shelter when she was 5 months old. She loves to go on walks, wrestle, run, cuddle, play hide and seek, and ride on the blanket as the kids drag the blanket across the floor.

closeup

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Rusty is our 1 year old Lab/Shepherd mix. We got our dog from the SPCA about 2 months ago. He loves to play and run and chew. He has a Mr.Bill doll (remember, from Saturday Night Live?)...

Dog with toy.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Kisser and Hugger are 8 months and 3 months. They are a pure bred Chocolate Lab and a Black Lab Mix. The chocolate one is from a breeder and the black one is from a rescue.

Kisser And Hugger (Chocolate Lab And Black Lab Mix)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Chloe is a Jack Russell and Lab mix. Delilah is a Beagle and Lab mix. Both are two. They were strays left on side of road that I picked up. Both were starving.

Chloe and Delilah (Jack Russell/Lab and Beagle/Lab)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

I rescued her 1 month ago. Lela loves it when we go on long hikes, usually 4 miles or more and she also loves going to the river.

at river

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I got her from the shelter 3 weeks ago.

yellow puppy

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This is a picture of Daisy who turned 8 weeks old yesterday, we think. Daisy's mom was a yellow Lab and I am not sure about her dad, either a Rottie or Dobbie. I rescued this little cutie from a local rescue place, she was a Christmas gift to my husband. Jan 2, 2002 my husband's dog had died tragically at the age of 4 and I felt like he was ready for another baby. When I went to see the puppies, she had 8 brothers and sisters, she ran up to me and sat there looking at me, it was instant love.

For fun she likes to play with our beagle, Shiloh. She is a proud puppy, wherever my husband is, she will go and sit facing forward between his feet, she is so proud. She is a great addition to our family. Our 2 year old likes to run from her, she usually catches him by the pants and tugs. She thinks that is a fun game! By Dawn Sposato

young puppy

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes
Load More

Pets Dogs Dog BreedsMay 2, 2014
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Lab-Mix-Photos-and-Information.html