Moving Large Planters

Large planters can be very difficult to move. Since most planters are wider on top than on the bottom, they can be difficult to move with a hand truck. If you have an old skateboard lying around, try moving the planters with it. If you don't have one you can probably find one at your local thrift store. They work well for moving other heavy objects as well.

I often use my moving dolly to move planters if I can make them fit somehow. It's easy to lift the edge and slide the dolly under the planter. I find quite a few uses for it around the house and garden as I have a back problem and tendonitis in my foot.

(sent in by email)

This is such a bad tip and terrible advice. I worry about older ladies who might do this. First off many skate boards have some type of suspension system which allows the rider greater flexibility to make tighter turns. That makes the platform deck "twisty" when they step on it. I could imagine some poor thing spending her money on a skateboard, NOT CHEAP, then hurting her back lifting the self proclaimed awkward plant onto the deck and having it fall, breaking her pot, her plant and maybe even her poor little feet.

Any Walmart has the planter roller stands on wheels for less than 9.00. I'd suggest that women, particularly seniors with heavy plant pots, get a few, and have your son or grandson put the pots on them when they are there. They are attractive, they are in place permanently, and you can move your big plants around with very little effort. Carpet is tougher, but linoleum, hardwood or tile is a breeze.

I really think you should disregard this tip.

Plant with pink flowers in a large terra-cotta pot
Moving Large Planters
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsFebruary 9, 2007
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Tire planter with flowers in it.
Making Tire Planters
🎄