Crafts, Recipes, Tips,
& Guides
Enter Contests
Share & Vote
Get Advice
Submit a

Replacement Leaves for My Table

0 0EmailPrintFollow

I have a dining room table (oval) that we traded someone for, but I lost the leaves due to water and smoke damage in a fire (DH didn't want to try to salvage them!) It is from 1981 with a formica top veneer and the leaves had "hooks" on them to connect it. Looks like the manufacturer is "Cohor?" I think the model # is stamped next to the mark. Does anyone know of an inexpensive place to find replacement leaves? It originally had two, but just one would suffice since we only have the 6 chairs. Thank you!

camo_angels from Willamina, OR



Recent Answers

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Grandma Margie (Guest Post)04/25/2006

I believe flake board is sold in sheets similar to plywood. I "think" flake board is made of layers of wood flakes that are mixed with some type of glue (?) and pressed together. The surface is fairly smooth but you can see the "flakes". There is also something called chipboard and another called strand board. They can probably all be found at a home improvement store like Lowes or Home Depot or a lumber yard. I think it is cheaper than plywood but I could be wrong. I've worked on the fringes of the construction industry so I know just enough to get me in trouble! LOL

By Kelly [15]04/24/2006

What is flake board?

By Anita Geffinger [4]04/24/2006

Maybe you can do what we did... I bought an oak table at a garage sale... missing the leaves... HD made a leaf from flake board (once the tablecloth was on, no one knew the difference) ... ours had peg sort of things to join them, so he just drilled a hole...

Answer This Question

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.