Keep Paint Information Organized

When painting, write down the brand of paint and color of paint and any numbers on the can that identify the type of paint. Keep this info in a binder or on your computer as a good reminder if you ever have to buy more.

By Unk Wes from San Jose

Editor's Note: Also keep some of the leftover paint in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Put a dab of paint on the top of the jar so you know the color of the paint after it has dried. This is really handy for touch-ups.

I pour leftover paint into clear plastic bottles, which you can get in almost any size you need from small soda bottles to big 2 liter ones or dish soap bottles -whatever's closest to the amount of paint you have left over. You can always see what color it is, it won't rust and spoil the paint, and I tape the color sample and name to it.

Thank you for reminding me to do this with the "curb side paints" I have accumulated in partially filled cans taking up too much of the garage floor and shelves, waiting to be mixed together and used when I can afford to buy crack patching and seal them with it. Too many years have passed so I must

plan on it during the time my grandson is out of town on vacation, IF I can get over the shock of having peace and quiet for a time. LOL God bless

you. : )

Painting Tips and Tricks
Painting Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingMay 3, 2007
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Old Paint Can
Disposing of Old Paint