I Need Help Finding And Organizing Coupons

I am trying to save money on groceries by using coupons. I know to save coupons from the Sunday paper, but does anyone have any suggestions for other places to look or of any websites that have some?

I'd also like to find more information on the web about knowing when to use coupons and the best ways to keep them organized.

Thanks,
Amy in Texas

Best Answer

The prior advice is excellent; however through the years I've outgrown mine & now have 2 seperate plastic shoeboxes with dividers. One shoebox holds manufacture and store coupons for the grocers; the other holds entertainment coupons (restaurants, mall, recreation). My grocery coupons are set up by the rows of the store that I go to most often. You can save lots of $$$. Good luck. Besides the Sunday paper, ask neighbors who may not use them if you can have them. For your favorite products go to their individual sites for great offers. Hope the info helps.

kc in mesa

Best Answer

I took an old DayRunner I had from when I worked at IBM and used the larger index cards cut on an angle and taped to the dividers to make pockets. It zipps and has a place for all my reward cards, calculator, grocery list etc.

Ann

New Orleans

As far as organizing them - I'd invest $3.00 and get a coupon organizer from Office Depot. It's a compact accordian file that you can carry in your purse.

You can't live without http://www.refundcents.com. Everything you ever wanted to know about couponing and refunding as well as links to other resources and printable coupons.

Enjoy!

Sandy, Raleigh, NC

Amy - Just one word of caution. Don't end up using coupons to buy a lot of stuff you normally wouldn't buy. I know there are tons of experts out there who have found ways of making couponing beneficial, but I have personally found that I am able to save more money by buying store brands when they're on sale. And, a lot of coupons are for processed foods, which are high priced to begin with, so even if your store doubles them, you're still paying higher than store or no-name brands. I have been very successful using the Sunday ads, for "Buy One, Get One" deals, and the local grocery stores often run 10 for $10.00 sales, which you have to watch in some cases, but many times a great deal! I also shop at Aldi's which may be specific to the Pennsylvania/New Jersey area, but I would bet there is something like that where you are. They package their own brand, which I have found to be very, very good. And the things we should be buying to feed the family are fruit and produce, which don't usually have coupons. Just be aware - to make it work will take an investment of time, and that's something I don't want to spend my free time on. Good luck!

I know this sounds pretty simplistic, but I buy the large business envelopes (CVS just had them buy one get one free for a box of 50). I write my grocery list down on the envelope, as I go through the sales flyers I put the coupons inside. First of all, it means I am not tempted to buy more groceries just because I have a box of coupons with me. Secondly, I do not forget them as I have the envelope in my hand the whole time. I hope this helps.

I have just discovered this website, and I think that it is going to be a great help. It is a virtual coupon organizer that keeps track of each Sunday's coupons that are in the paper. Check it out: http://cutouthunger.org/index.html

dse in PA

www.smartsource.com and coolsavings.com are good websites to get free coupons

Amy: The most wonderful way to save TONS of money on groceries. It is the best thing I have ever stumbled upon: www.grocerygame.com. Hope this helps!!

Hi:) You can print lots of coupons for free at http://www.californiafreebies.com/printablecoupons.htm. They have Gap Coupon, Circuit City Coupon, Toy's R Us Coupon, Macy's Coupon, Timberland Printable Coupon and much more. You do not even need to register. However some of the coupons are in PDF format, so you will need Acrobat Reader (which can be downloaded for free)

Happy holidays to everyone:)

Amy, Contact me about the grocery game....and a very hassle free way of managing months of coupons with little to no cutting each week!

amy.z AT insightbb.com

Sincerely,

Amy Z

I have been using a site called http://coupontom.com . You can search for sunday paper coupons pretty easily

Just a note that some stores are not taking computer printed coupons. People are not printing them right legally. Sorry for us who use coupons. Check with the stores that you shop at.

The site I use is SmartCanucks.ca. Although it is a Canadian site, it lists a lot of "free sample" offers that are valid only in the US and different sites where the manufacturer will mail coupons to you. I am a very, very avid coupon user and have saved a lot on my grocery bills, but getting coupons for free products instead of just cents off works much better. I have also emailed some companies letting them know how pleased I am with the product and they in turn have sent me complimentary coupons for items entirely free. Would love to hear how you make out.

Walmart carries an actual coupon organizer for about $8.00 ... well worth the money in the end. I tried using a photo album and took the coupons I planned to use from the items in the sale flyer but when I got to the store, I found some IN STORE specials that were not advertised that I had coupons for but, of course, were at home in my album. That was when I started carrying all my coupons with me. There are other ways of saving on groceries besides using coupons ... use air miles card along with putting all of your purchases on a credit card that offers reward miles then pay it off (on line) as soon as you get home. You can then redeem your air miles (other reward program points) for free certificates for groceries. You can also plan your weekly menu around the specials in the grocery flyers. Hope this helps.

You've got to check out www.thecouponmom.com

She does all the work for you by letting you print a list of the deals that match the coupons...so you'll see the price of the item, which coupon to use and how much you'll save if you use the coupon.

Plus, she has other links as well.

Here is an article titled "<strong>How to Find, Save, and Store Coupons</strong><br>- Save money by intelligently streamlining your coupon usage!" <br>http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar ... ind_save_and_store_coupons.html' <br>maybe it will help!

You can get an abundant supple of coupons that are better than the ones in the newspaper and most web sites send me a message if interested.

A bunch of coupons cut out of ads in the newspaper.
Organizing Coupons
Budget & Finance ShoppingJanuary 11, 2005
computer printer
Finding Printable Coupons
coupons
Finding Free Coupons
Clipping Coupons for Troops
Coupons for Troops
Online Coupon Computer
Using Online Coupons
🎉
🎄