Organizing Cookbooks

If you love to cook you probably have a small library of cookbooks, each with their own way of sorting the recipes they have. Keeping your cookbooks organized will make it that much easier to find the recipes you want. This is a guide about organizing cookbooks.

Organized Cookbooks on a Shelf
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I had collected lots of recipe books, some with only one or two recipes that I liked to use. I was tired of these books taking up room in my kitchen so I bought a large photo album with see through pockets. I then went through all the recipe books and cut out the recipes I definitely wanted and placed them in the album.

If the recipe books were in good condition, I copied the recipes out on file cards and passed the books onto the charity shop. I sorted the recipes into sections for meat, poultry, fish, breads, sweets etc. Now I have only one book to look through and it is wipe-clean.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how to organize spiral bound cookbooks, the kind that you can buy from churches, schools etc. I have dozens of these but it is very hard to look for a particular one that I need, plus just laying them on the shelf is not very attractive.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use empty cereal boxes with the top 2/3 cut off diagonally like a magazine holder. This way the books will stand up and you'll be able to read the spines.

Read More Answers...
Organizing BooksNovember 16, 2011
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Delicious Looking Beef Dinner
Tips for Finding Great Recipes
Organizing Linens
Organizing Linens
garage sale cookbooks
Finding Thelma Allen's "Recipes from Sweet Yesterday" Cookbooks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 20, 2016 at 8:37:16 AM on 10.0.1.212 in 707 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.