Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Organizing Cookbooks

Organized Cookbooks on a Shelf

If you love to cook you probably have a small library of cookbooks, each with their own way of sorting the recipes they have. Keeping your cookbooks organized will make it that much easier to find the recipes you want. This is a guide about organizing cookbooks.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Too Many Cookbooks?

I had collected lots of recipe books, some with only one or two recipes that I liked to use. I was tired of these books taking up room in my kitchen so I bought a large photo album with see through pockets. I then went through all the recipe books and cut out the recipes I definitely wanted and placed them in the album.

If the recipe books were in good condition, I copied the recipes out on file cards and passed the books onto the charity shop. I sorted the recipes into sections for meat, poultry, fish, breads, sweets etc. Now I have only one book to look through and it is wipe-clean.

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Organizing Cookbooks.

Question: Organizing Spiral Cookbooks

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how to organize spiral bound cookbooks, the kind that you can buy from churches, schools etc. I have dozens of these but it is very hard to look for a particular one that I need, plus just laying them on the shelf is not very attractive.

Most Recent Answer

By (Guest Post)12/27/2004

Use empty cereal boxes with the top 2/3 cut off diagonally like a magazine holder. This way the books will stand up and you'll be able to read the spines.