Finding Thelma Allen's "Recipes from Sweet Yesterday" Cookbooks

It is not always easy to locate an older book you are looking for. This guide is about finding Thelma Allen's "Recipes from Sweet Yesterday" cookbooks.

I have Volume 4 of Thelma Allen's cookbook (set), Recipes from Sweet Yesterday. I have tried to buy Volumes 1-2 and 3 by going to their web site at sweetyesterdays.net, and also writing to them, but, to no avail. It appears they've gone out of business. Where can I get these "precious" recipe books to complete my set? I use them all the time.

By Sue from San Francisco, CA

Answers

Two of the other "Recipes from Sweet Yesterday" Cookbooks are for sale now on eBay. Just search on "Recipes from Sweet Yesterday". I found items numbered 150422502150, 220332633356, and 400105502560. You may want to enter a sustained search on eBay so you get notification emails when the other "Recipes from Sweet Yesterday" Cookbook is listed. Everything I've ever wanted has been listed on eBay eventually! Good luck!

Sue: Vol one is on e-bay now. There are also some on half.com and Amazon. Begonia

Hi Sue,

I did a search, and found this website which seems
to have any of the "Recipes from Sweet Yesterday"

books. You might want to check it out in order
to find all 4 volumes.
sweetyesterdays.net/cookbook%20one.html

They did mention that the books had been out of
print, but were to be reprinted very soon. Maybe
they are by now.
Good Luck to you,
Julia in Boca Raton, FL

Anonymous

I am not sure it's safe to open a few of the current web sites about sweet yesterday cookbooks right now because McAfee marked many of them as questionable (including the one's showing Thelma's name) ;-( I tried to find a PDF copy of them for you but no such luck :-( Hopefully these two Amazon links (which are deemed safe) will help you:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks...
www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1?tag=thrif06-20