Determining the Value of Collectible Cookbooks

Category Books
Certain cookbooks are sought after because of their cuisine or special features. A bit of online or used bookstore research can help to determine the value of your cookbooks.

I would be interested in knowing the value of "The Progressive Farmer's Southern Cookbook featuring Southern Food Ways". Copyright 1961. It not only has some good recipes, but it has a section for game cooking as well.

Answers

Best Answer

Pristine versions of the exact book consistently sell on eBay in the $25 range with seller paid shipping. After fees and shipping the seller averages $19.00. the value will decrease if it is not pristine. Neat find!!

Best Answer

This has been a popular vintage cookbook and seems to be holding its value at $25-$45. It did originally have a dust jacket.

eBay has several listed for sale so you might want to place a watch on some of these to see if any are selling during this period as most things are not selling right now.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...

Here is a link to eBay's sold listings which would normally be used as 'current value' but that would not hold true right now. Still you can see what people were willing to pay.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Progressive...

Thank you. I think I'm going to hold on to it. It was handed down to me many years ago. It has been used but still in good shape. Every time I try to clean out my recipe books, this one gets stuck back in the pile.

Thank you. You two have been very helpful with all that information.

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksMay 27, 2020
👔
🎆
🐛
😷
🌻
😎

Generated 2020-05-28 23:09:41 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️