Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets

Category Books
This page is great place to look for the value of old encyclopedias. Look below for feedback shared about the value of various encyclopedia sets. If you don't see your set listing, feel free to post a question.

Older encyclopedias are typically not worth much. On-line research for your specific set might help to determine value. This is a guide about finding the value of New Standard Encyclopedias.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

Although vintage or newer encyclopedias generally do not have much value, an antique set may. Research would be needed to see if your set is rare, a first edition, or has other value based on age or specific content. This is a guide about value of New Popular encyclopedia 1902.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about finding the value of Collier's encyclopedias. Some old books may be rare and have great value. Others may be more difficult to place value on, but may have other uses.

Most Encyclopaedias are not worth much as they were mass produced and distributed. However, if you have a particularly old or rare set on Encyclopaedias, they may have some value for a collector.

This is a guide about value of the New Educator Encyclopaedia 1948.

Many homes had these reference books because they were readily available at the supermarket in the 1950s. Although dated, encyclopedias can sometimes be sold in niche markets to crafters and some collectors.

This is a guide about finding the value of Funk and Wagnalls encyclopedias.

This historical encyclopedia was published in the early 1900s. This is a guide about finding the value of Harper's encyclopedias.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about finding the value of Odhams encyclopedias. Many people are interested in what their old set of encyclopedias is worth.

Do you have a set of these Odham encyclopedias or have information to share about determining their value?

It is rare for encyclopedias to have collector value. This is a guide about finding the value of Caxton encyclopedias.

The value of older reference books is determined by a number of factors. The profusion of encyclopedias and the lack of the currency of their information often render them very low in value.

This is a guide about finding the value of the Encyclopedia Americana.

Many homes have a little used set of encyclopedias on the bookshelf. This is a guide about finding the value of Chamber's encyclopedias.

This is a guide about value of Richards Topical encyclopedia. There are a few websites and businesses that may help you determine the value of old reference books.

I have a set of 1961 encyclopedias from " The American Educator " and I'm wondering how much they are worth.

By Nancy R.

Answers

The place I always start with to try to find somethings resale value, is looking on ebay, it may not be very accurate, as some things never sell, but it is free, and usually fast. If not, you can probably search for that name and year, and in the list of sites, find someone that sells that very same thing, with a price they want for theirs.

Best of luck to you in valuing your books!

Nothing. Look at all that has happened and been invented since 1961. None of that is in your encyclopedias. Yet, all that is in your encyclopedias is in the new ones which are actually on CD and take up less space. You are better off throwing them out and making more room in your home.

If the covers are attractive, you may find someone who wants to use them for a craft, such as decorated books or a lampstand. I don't think they have a value otherwise.

They are worth 00000000. Sorry to say and no one will take them. Goodwill does not want them either. If they are of value to you, keep them, otherwise recycle.

I am actually looking for some vintage encyclopedias in great shape. I like the Brown and Gold, Burgundy and Gold, and Black and Red (typically Collier) sets. I think the craftsmanship and overall looks are beautiful.

This same travesty that is happening with encyclopedias is happening with other lovely books like the older Reader's Digest Condensed books, the ones with the awesome patterned covers. Book Stores won't take them, and folks almost can't give them away.

Right now I make shelves out of these books, as well as hollow book stashes. I understand some of you may think that is horrible, and that I am destroying these books. In my mind, this is one of the only ways to save these books so people of this generation can still enjoy them in some way, rather than just throwing them away.

Email me here (smartdesign at live.com), or at my Etsy shop (https://www.ets  op/FunEclecticHF) if you are interested in selling, or donating. Honestly I can't pay much (typically less than a dollar a book), and only have enough storage room for one or two sets at a time. I will consider partial sets as well, depending on price and condition. Thanks so much.

I have a complete 24 set of Collier 1987 encyclopedias in excellent continue willing to donate to anyone who can use them just cover shipping cost from NJ nice condition for anyone using to make crafts, etc.

What is the value of a Modern World Encyclopedia set? It was published by Hazel, Watson & Viney, 1935.

Answers

Best Answer

About $20 or $30. You can wait until they're 100 years old to reach more value or find someone who will buy them for more for repurposing efforts.

I have an encyclopedia that says Werner Encyclopedia, but it doesn't say Britannica. It is dated 1909 and was published in Akron, Ohio. I was hoping to get some information on that encyclopedia.

I have a 1958 set of the World Encyclopedia in good condition. Do they have any value/

Answers

Best Answer

Different years/editions of encyclopedias are valued for different reasons so occasionally a set will be of value.

• The 1958 set was not a "stand out" set but there have been several sets sold on eBay this year which is a little unusual. The sets did not sell for a lot of money but still - money is money.
  • Here is the link to the sets that sold so you can see if one is similar to your set. There are two different bindings (you did not say which binding your have) but it looks like both are selling. The sets sold for $12 - $80 but packing and shipping is a real job.
  • www.ebay.com/.../263546295290?hash=item3d5c9553fa...
  • You may want to think about trying to sell them on your local Craigslist as the price may be close to the same and there would be no shipping involved.
  • Craigslist is easy to use (they show instructions) and usually free but you would need several photos and a good description.
  • eBay is more difficult and unless you list the set as "pick up only" you would have to pack and ship and shipping cost only adds to what the buyer is paying but no more money to you.
  • You can start higher and lower if no one shows an interest.

How much is a complete collection of World Scope encyclopedia worth?

Answers

Best Answer

$15-$25 unless it is from before 1918

I have a set of Richard's Cyclopedias Vol 1-24. It is the complete set in an attractive binding with embossed ship design on the front. Published 1933. Any ideas on the value?

Answers

Best Answer

Wait to sell until they are 100 years old. They will be considered antique then.

I have a complete set of the 15th edition of Britannica as well as a set of Britannica Great Books of the Western World. I also have a set of 1970 Compton's Encyclopedias. How do I evaluate the worth?

I have a ten volume set collection of Grolier's "The Book of Art" 1965. They all have the original book jackets and are in great condition. What is it worth?

By Iris

Answers

Best Answer

They have some for sale on Amazon's seller market here:

http://www.amaz  p;condition=used

Full sets are available from $40 to $80.

What is the estimated value of a complete set of the encyclopedia Americana in perfect condition?

How much is an entire set of Americana encyclopedia 1904 (16 volumes) worth? They are in pretty good shape considering their age! Where can I sell them?

I am not finding this particular set either on eBay or elsewhere. Do you know what year these would be? The value?

Thanks

I have a copy of The Children's Encyclopedia by Arthur Mee, volumes 1 to 10. They are in excellent condition. I would just like some information on this set, as well as, if they are worth anything.

I would be grateful for any information thank you

I have the set of Arthur Mee children's encyclopedias volume 1-10 in perfect condition. They were printed, while he was still alive, in Great Britain by The Amalgamated Press, Ltd London. They are all original and in fantastic condition. I would like to know what they are worth.

I have a full set in excellent condition. It is a first edition. What is the value? I am looking to sell.

By Kat

Answers

I see this question asked a lot. Usually, they are worthless except for craft projects, because they are so outdated with incorrect information. You might try selling them as a set online but shipping will be probably more than the encyclopedias are worth.

Encyclopedias that are over 100 years old or have some other historical significance might be worth something. In that case, I would take it to a bookstore that specializes in old or rare books.

Good luck, let us know what the outcome is?

Load More