Finding the Value of Chamber's Encyclopedias

Category Books
Many homes have a little used set of encyclopedias on the bookshelf. This is a page about finding the value of Chamber's encyclopedias.

I have a set of 15 Chambers encyclopedias from 1973 in very good condition. I was wondering if these are worth anything?

By Derren D.

Answers

Best Answer

No. Old encyclopedia are not worth anything. It is difficult to give them away. Sometimes people use them for crafts, such as paper carving or for lamps. Advertise on something like freecycle to see if someone will take them off your hands. No charity will take them.

I have an 8 volume set of Chamber's Encyclopedias from 1890. It is in pretty good condition. Is there anyone or anyplace that buys old sets like this?

Answers

You can try online book sellers & collectors, EBay, Craig's List. A good place to start your research:

www.book-collecting-tips.com/old-book-values.html

I have a full 10 volume first edition set of 1912 Chamber's Encyclopedias autographed by both the Edinburgh and Philadelphia publishers. The set is in excellent condition. Can you help with what this set might be worth or where I can find out?

Answers

This has value, since it is complete and over 100 years old. Take it to several book dealers for appraisals.

Chambers encyclopedias worth.

Step 1
Go to this link ttps://www.directtextbook.com it will tell you what they are worth.

Step 2
Most are not worth much we have to much technology and people don't want them.

Step 3
This link will tell you to put the isbn code in and then you can find out the worth.

Step 4
The code is on the back of the book.

Step 5
This site will let you sell them as well.

I have 9 books from the 10 set of encyclopedias. Collier, Publisher, New York 1888. The inside pages are in good condition. The bindings on the books are unglued inside and frayed on the top and bottom edges.

I have an encyclopedia entitled Chambers's Encyclopaedia of Universal Knowledge volume 5. It looks to be from the late 1800s. Does this book have any value?

Answers

This is not a complete set. Most of these books, even if they are old, don't have value unless they are rare first editions.

You could take it to a bookseller to make sure.

How much are my Chamber's encyclopaedias worth? They were reprinted in 1969. They are white with dust covers and in mint condition.

By Chris

Answers

Nothing.

Well, short but sweet but not necessarily true. On ebay, older sets range from 13.95 to 59.95. However, that is what is being asked, not what anyone is buying them for, and until they do buy them, we don't know if they are being sold.

Do you have a local museum that might like them? Perhaps an assisted living place where they still love books? Sadly, Encyclopedia's have gone the way of the betamax, but they might be a real coup to someone who has no computer. I would put them on Craigslist and see if you have any takers.
Good Luck. PBP

People occasionally use them for crafts and art projects. I don't think anyone would pay for them, though. I wouldn't. 1969 isn't vintage or anything.

I own a 1955 set of Chamber's Encyclopedias. It consists of 15 volumes and 2 volumes of Chambers Encyclopedia World Survey 1960 and 1961.

They were hand made in London, England and are bound in red leather and embossed with 24k gold.

I would like to sell them and I need to know their current market value.

By Juliette W.

Answers

Sorry. They are worth nothing. You can't even donate them to a library. They won't take them.

You might find someone who wants them for crafts or art projects. Try posting them as giveaways on the local Kijii or Craigslist or whathaveyou.

I have 1897 Chambers's Encyclopedia in 10 volumes in good condition. Can someone can help me to know that how much it is worth?

I am wondering what value a set of 8 encyclopedias from 1892 might have.

Answers

EBay has many sets and single volumes of around 1870 forward and has a set of 1889 for $39.99. You can try further online searches, auction houses, book collectors, etc,. for more information.

I have a collection of Chambers Encyclopedia of Universal Knowledge 1908, printed by J.B. Lippincott Philadelphia. Does anyone know if they are worth anything?

By Joe

Answers

Old encyclopedias are worthless after 1923 so yours may have some value. You can try an online search for EBay, Craigslist and other similar to see if someone is trying to sell your 1908 year for possible values or try this site to start calculating value:

flipsy.com/.../Are-My-Encyclopedias-Worth-Anything

Is a complete set of Chambers Encyclopedia published in Edinburgh in 1876 worth anything?

By Faye V.

Answers

Found many older encyclopedias for sale online-EBay, Craigslist, etc., including Chambers 1876. One set of all was offered for $400. Other individual volumes run $10-45. Most old books such as these are usually sold to old book collectors and have little value.

I have a mint condition set of the Chambers's Encyclopedia set of 15 volumes from 1956 by George Newnes, plus three survey encyclopedias that match the other 15 volumes.
Does anyone know the estimated value of the entire set in excellent condition?

By Jaf. W

I have 4 volumes of Chamber's Encyclopedia (1860 version) in good condition. Does anyone know an approximate value of these books?

By Susan D.

Answers

Yes, about $80-120 a piece.

I have 10 volumes of Chamber's Encyclopaedia 1860-80, in quite good condition.
I like them because they look really nice in the bookshelves. Unfortunately, I no longer have enough space for them. Are they possible to sell?

By Malin from Stockholm, Sweden

Answers

$80-120 a piece

We have a complete set, 10 volumes 1888-1892), of Chamber's encyclopedias, mostly in good condition for their age. I was wondering what they may be worth, if anything?

By Karina R.

Answers

There are dozens of questions on this site about the value of old encyclopedia sets.

It would be great if Thrifty Fun would just put a notice on the front page that old encyclopedias have no value. Then we wouldn't have to give the same answer a lot of different times.

Does Chamber's Encyclopedia of Universal Knowledge printed in 1885 have any value?

By Stephanie M

Answers

Go to Worthpoint.com on the web for $9.99/mo you can research all kinds of things. I just found out I have a book worth $130.00 and they also have an antique for sale section where you can advertise it.

Good Luck.

I was just wondering, I have a full Chambers's Encyclopedia - A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge from 1906. It is in good condition. Anyone got an idea if its worth any money?

By Vee

Answers

www.raremapsandbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info...

This site has an 1887 set for $425.
Just search for your set online, and you may find other sites with that date.
Best of luck to you!

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksFebruary 19, 2017
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Chambers-Encyclopedias.html