Finding the Value of Appleton Encyclopedias

Category Books
When an encyclopedia is in good condition and over 100 years old, it should have some value. A book dealer could help determine its worth. This is a page about finding the value of appleton encyclopedias.

I have two 1877 Appleton's Condensed American Cyclopedia books, in good condition for their age. I was wondering if they had any value?

Answers

Best Answer

The books may have some value, depending upon condition. You can research online and with book collectors and sellers, EBay, Craig's List, etc. Also check this site for possible information:

*
www.book-collecting-tips.com/old-book-values.html

We have a full set of 12 of the Appleton Universal Cyclopaedia and Atlas reference books published in 1903, a newly revised and enlarged edition. The original series has a copyright of 1874. It is in very good condition, very little use. The volumes include many original engravings. They have been in our family since the late '30s. Is there a market for these, or anyone who collects? What might their value be?

Answers

Best Answer

Since it is over 100 years old and complete, it has value. Take it to several book dealers for appraisals

What is a good price for a set of 1880 Appleton Encyclopedias?

By Dave H from Long Island, NY

Answers

Best Answer

It is over 100 years old. If it is complete take it to several book dealers for appraisals.

I have the whole set; are they valuable?

By Pam

I am looking for the value of an 1874 Appleton's Encyclopedia Vol IX HOR-KIN. I only have the one book, but it's in beautiful condition.

By Dawn M

I have a set of Appleton encyclopedias from 1890. Was inquiring about their worth and finding any potential buyers.

By Roscoe from Muncie

I have a complete encyclopedia set of Universal Cyclopedia, D. Appleton and Company, New York - A.J. Johnson Company 1900. Does anyone have any idea what this could be worth?

By Lucy M from Maple, Ontario, Canada

I have recently acquired a 12 volume set of these books, with a publish date of 1902 and copyright date of 1901. I planned on reading them, but after finding no info about them, I am wondering just how common this set is. They are leather bound, black and burgundy in colour.
Thanks.

By Josh A.

I have a complete 6 volume set of the 1910 Appleton's New Practical Cyclopedia, in very good condition. Any ideas on value?
I also have a Funk and Wagnall's New Standard Dictionary printed in 1926, copyright 1910 in excellent condition. I am also interested in ideas on its value?

By Dennis B.

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksApril 4, 2019
🍂
🎄