Finding the Value of Old Webster's Dictionaries

Category Books
Trying to find out the value of old books can be daunting at times. This is a guide about finding the value of old Webster's dictionaries.

Old dictionaries are often not worth much because so many were printed. However, if your dictionary is a rare printing it may have some value to a collector. This is a guide about value of a Webster's encyclopedic dictionary 1891.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Some old rare printings of dictionaries can be valuable. This is a guide about value of a 1904 Webster's international dictionary.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

The value of old reference books, such as dictionaries is sometimes difficult to determine. Much depends on whether there is a consumer demand for your book. This is a guide about value of a 1896 Webster's dictionary.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am trying to find value of a dictionary I own. It is a Webster's - An American Dictionary of the English Language, published in 1900. It is a revised edition of the original dictionary first published in 1828.

What is the value of a Webster's Twentieth Century Dictionary published by Publishers Guild, Inc. in New York, NY in 1939?

Answers

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias and reference books but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

1924 Laird &LLee's Webster dictionary

Value of 1955 dictionary

I have a 1904 international webster dictionary in poor condition what's it worth

What is the value of a 1943 Webster's New School and Office dictionary self-pronouncing?

Answers

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

the value of a new Webster,s international dictionary 1923 lastest authentic edition, the
Merriam series with reference history

value of 1923 wbsters dictionary, india paper edition

This book is old you. can hardly turn the pages it was published in1945 Noah webster the unabridged dictio ary

i have a 1946 webster dictionary what is it worth

I have a Peabody's Webster's dictionary with no copyright. It looks extremely old. Can anyone tell me how to get a price for it?

Answers

Best Answer

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

I am trying to find out if my 1960 Webster's dictionary has any value. It is 2129 pages long.

What is the value of a 1912 New Websterian Dictionary? It has a black leather cover.

I have a copy of the Consolidated Webster's Encyclopedia dictionary published in Chicago, 1951, Franklin J Mean editor-in-chief. What is this book worth?

I own a copy of Webster's Handy Condensed Dictionary Self Pronouncing. This dictionary's copyright date is 1919, and 1931, by Cupples & Leon Company. There are no pages ripped out or missing. I want to know what it's worth.

What is the value of a Webster's International Dictionary from 1928 (India paper edition)?

I have a copy of the 1923, Webster New International Dictionary. What is the value? It is an extremely large dictionary with a section in the rear showing pictures and names of misc. items, such as zoology, plants, etc.

By J.M.

Answers

EBay has many 1920-1930 Webster's Dictionaries for sale with prices ranging from $10 to $125. You can try to narrow down an EBay search for better results.

Keep in mind that something being listed on an auction site at a particular price does not mean that is the value. The value is what a very similar copy in the same condition sells for.

I found one example that sold recently for 25 dollars. I don't know which party paid the shipping.

Does anyone know the value of a hardback copy of the 1909 Webster's New International Dictionary with reference history, 6th edition printing dated 1927? This thing is amazing!

I have a Webster's collegiate Dictionary, Third edition of the Merriam Series. It is beautifully bound and has 1700 illustrations; G & C. Merriam Co- publishers; thin paper edition deluxe; copyright 1916.

Answers

Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. You can search online, EBay, Craig's List, etc., and this site for possible value:

http://www.book  book-values.html

How much is the Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language copyright 1957 H.S. Stuttman Co. worth?

I have an 1890 Webster's Dictionary that was rebound in 1962. I still have the work order! Any ideas on the value of such a book?

Answers

http://www.bibl  s-my-book-worth/

Did you ever find a value on this? I have one from my mom and was looking for a value too.

Does anyone have any information on a 1942 Webster's Practical Illustrated dictionary with atlas of the world and a digest of military and naval facts?

Answers

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.
You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

Thank you for responding. This was my husbands grandfather's book and he plans on keeping it, but, we will do as you suggest about online places too.

Does it have any value?

By Kathy from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers

That will depend on a lot of things including the condition, whether or not it is the first printing, the binding and so forth. If you could come up with pictures of the cover, binding, copyright page, etc. there may be somewhere online where you could send this info. Try googling "value old books".

Hi Kathy,

Do you still have the webster dictionary? I am interested if you still do. Please contact me at thirtydegreesfarenheit@gmail.com

What is the value of 1858 Webster dictionary?

By Antonio from Wellington, FL

Answers

Seems almost everyone has old books they think are important and want to sell. Most old dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. You can check online for old book collectors, on Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

Hi Antonio,

I'm looking for a Webster dictionary for a friend. If you still have it, please contact me at thirtydegreesfarenheit@gmail.com Thanks!

What is the value of a 1911 Webster's unabridged dictionary?

Answers

What is a 1911 websters universal dictionary and atlas

Is a 1924 Lard & Lee's Webster's dictionary worth anything?

Answers

Reference Books & Dictionaries:
Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most.

I have a Webster's Complete Reference Dictionary and Encyclpedia published in 1951 by The World Publishing Company, Cleveland and New York. Despite it having 1277 pages and a hardcover, it is extremely lightweight. Dealers are showing a lot of interest however, I cannot locate a value anywhere. It has no dustcover and the spine is missing although the clothed hard covers are attached. Can anyone give me an idea of what it is worth in any currency?

Answers

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias, dictionaries and reference books but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

How much would a 1913 Webster's Dictionary be worth? It's a second edition in mint shape.

Answers

I found this dictionary called the,"Webster's Practical Illustrated Dictionary." The publish date is 1941, and it is the new census edition. I have been looking all over online and can't find anything relating to it. It was published by the World Publishing Company and printed in the United States. Also what is the potential value of this specific dictionary?

Answers

What is the value of a 1859 Webster's dictionary?

Answers

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. EBay has an 1859 Webster's Dictionary for $10.00. You can check Craig's List and online book collectors for possible interest and prices.

I would like to find out how much, if anything, this dictionary is worth.

By Linda A

Answers

What is the value of a 1955 Webster's dictionary in good condition?

By Mel from Kansas City

Answers

Seems almost everyone has old books they want to sell. Most old dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc., have very little value-a few dollars at most. You can check online for old book collectors, on Craigslist and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.

My grandfather gave me a dictionary from 1972. I wish to know if it has value. It is in great condition it is the Webster's New World Dictionary of the American language from 1972 by the Southern Company in Nashville, Tennessee.

By Abdi R

Answers

Most old dictionaries have little (a few dollars max) or no value at all as almost everything now is computer based, and is always updated and current.

1972 may seem a long time ago for you, however, for many people it is "just yesterday"!

I am interested in the value of a 1935 Second edition- G&C Merriam, Publisher, with over 3200 pages.

By Ross G.

I have a 1957 Webster dictionary second edition unabridged. I would like to know if this is worth selling, saving, or throwing away.

By Michael

Answers

I want to know the value of a 1957 hard back dictionary.

What is the value of Websters New Collegiate dictionary, copyright 1949? Where can I find collectors for this item and sell it?

By Kathleen

Answers

Is a signed 1948 Webters Dictionary valuable?

I have a 1927 Webster dictionary, editor W.T Harris, general editor Sturgess Allen, Springfield Mass USA, Published G .C Merriam Company.
I'm looking at selling this. It has been passed down to me.
Could you please reply via email an approx sale price of this or if you know anyone interested in buying this I would be interested in selling.

By David from Australia Victoria

I have a Webster dictionary, copywrite 1955. It is a huge hard cover book. Is it worth anything?

By Rubie

I can not find a date anywhere on this book, it is of the English language, self pronunciation, edge index, edited by Meine and Koffuer, Columbia.

By Pam

I have a 1940 Noah Webster, LL.D. dictionary. What is the value of it? The dictionary is volume 1, A-LITHISTID

By Bronwyn from Charleston, SC

How do I find the value of a Webster's dictionary?

By jbc3691

The huge 2006 page, plus maps, etc. at end, Websters Universal dictionary I have, has approximately 130 pages in the wrong place. It was bound that way. Does that up the value?

By Roger from Phoenix, AZ

What is the value of a leather bound Webster's dictionary with 1910 census and illustrated first edition. It is in fair condition, worn, but no loose pages.

By CH

Load More