Information on 1909 Werner Encyclopedia

I have an encyclopedia that says Werner Encyclopedia, but it doesn't say Britannica. It is dated 1909 and was published in Akron, Ohio. I was hoping to get some information on that encyclopedia.

Since its over 100 years old, it's considered an antique. I would go to several book dealers and see what they say.

Hello i sent a question last time and I have come to a conclusion with proof that I have a 1908 1910 saalfield company\werner company revised set of the 9th brittanica never published and not legally copyrighted taken to court by brittanica for copyright issues the company had to pay Appleton cyclopedia and not sell any copy's since hooper now had rights to the 9th brittanica leaving them with this one and only set.I also found that this is considered public domain now.but since this is the only set by that company before shouting down in 1910 could I continue the project and publish it with a company ?

This part was copyrighted by the Werner company in the united states section along with more articles copyrighted by saalfield

I have a 1907 set. Unfortunately I have not found information on this set. If you find anything please let me know

My great great grandfather was Paul Werner founder of the Werner company who printed the encyclopedias. They basically added a foreword to the encyclopedia britannica and put a new cover on it. Which caused the copyright issues. They spent $5m in 1910 to defend themselves and won the lawsuit. I have been searching for a complete set of the encyclopedias as it means something to my family. Please contact me if you have them chris_m_44@hotmail.com