Dating Ethan Allen Furniture

The Ethan Allen furniture company has been designing and making quality furniture since it was founded in 1932. Determining the date of manufacture for your furniture can be a multi part process. You can browse the internet for photos and books showing various designs and information on pieces like yours. You might also visit an Ethan Allen store and speak to an employee.

Does anyone know how to tell when a piece by Ethan Allen was made? Is there anything with the numbers on the back or do you just have to know?

Answers

Best Answer

The numbers do mean something but some are difficult to decipher as I believe numbering system was somewhat different for each plant and maybe the design/type of furniture.

• I do know that PLT 3 means Plant #3 and maybe the 14-4019 may mean case number or date but not sure about 66105 as I cannot find any reference to five straight numbers.
  • You may have difficulty finding this information but you might try either calling or send an email to the following address:
  • Phone: 888.324.3571
  • customerservice@ethanallen.com
  • Hours: Monday - Friday
  • 8:30am - 4:45pm EST
Best Answer

Lovely item!! Thanks for sharing. Is it possible that it was painted white?

I ask because I have seen these beauties in natural wood tones, but not white. Just curious. There is one on Pinterest that is more what I have seen in my travels (link pasted at the end of the message).

I know that doesn't help you right away with your question about with the dating...but when I research pieces it is helpful to know if they have been altered. Thanks!

www.google.com/search?q=images+ethan+allen+white...:

It is definitely possible that it was painted. If it was it was a very good job. The pinterest link was helpful as so I at least can see what it looked like in it's original form! Thank you!

Thank you I will try emailing them and seeing if I get a response. I believe there is a store close(ish) to me I wonder if they would be of any help?

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureOctober 25, 2019
🍂
🎄