Used FurnitureFurniture

Dating Ethan Allen Furniture

Does anyone know how to tell when a piece by Ethan Allen was made? Is there anything with the numbers on the back or do you just have to know?

The numbers do mean something but some are difficult to decipher as I believe numbering system was somewhat different for each plant and maybe the design/type of furniture.

• I do know that PLT 3 means Plant #3 and maybe the 14-4019 may mean case number or date but not sure about 66105 as I cannot find any reference to five straight numbers.
  • You may have difficulty finding this information but you might try either calling or send an email to the following address:
  • Phone: 888.324.3571
  • customerservice@ethanallen.com
  • Hours: Monday - Friday
  • 8:30am - 4:45pm EST

Thank you I will try emailing them and seeing if I get a response. I believe there is a store close(ish) to me I wonder if they would be of any help?

Lovely item!! Thanks for sharing. Is it possible that it was painted white?

I ask because I have seen these beauties in natural wood tones, but not white. Just curious. There is one on Pinterest that is more what I have seen in my travels (link pasted at the end of the message).

I know that doesn't help you right away with your question about with the dating...but when I research pieces it is helpful to know if they have been altered. Thanks!

www.google.com/search?q=images+ethan+allen+white...:

It is definitely possible that it was painted. If it was it was a very good job. The pinterest link was helpful as so I at least can see what it looked like in it's original form! Thank you!

Glad the Pinterest link helped. I love the mid century modern look of the shutter doors!

The white actually makes the lines stand out more, which is nice. Hope you are able to get more info!