Onion Smell in Bowls

Does anyone know how to get onion smell out of bowls? Washing does not take all the smell out and I would like to remove it all. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank you,
Maryetta47 from Michigan

Try rubbing the bowl with kosher salt (and a wet rag)-regular salt would probably work too. I use kosher on my cutting board after cutting onion and it gets the smell right out!

put crumpled up newspaper w/ black print inside the bowls and seal shut for a few days. This works well with "tupperware."

Soak with bleach and water. Rinse well. Let air dry.

Use lemon juice of used lemon half that you already prepared your lemonade with. Just soak your bowl a little bit in juice, than rinse. It really works. I also use it for the smell on my hands or dark stains when preparing young potatoes.

I've always use baking soda and hot water

soak your bowl in the soda water mixture for about an hour that should take that icky smell right out

I swear by Clorox Cleanup. I would soak the bowl overnight in a solution of 1/4 Clorox CleanUp and 3/4 water.

i had the same problem a few months back and asked my elderly neighbor if she knew of any remedy to get the smell out. she told me that if you put dry coffee grounds in a nylon pantyhose that you cut off at about the ankle, and put a knot in it, then place it in the bowl, cover it and in a couple days the smell will be gone. it worked!

I agree with the baking soda person. Easy - and it works.

Keep milk in the bowls, it works in your mouth too. Just hold some milk in your mouth and the smell goes away.

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 5, 2006
walkin shower drain
Shower Has an Onion Smell
Onion
Removing Onion Smell
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls
🎉
🎄