Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Getting Bonded in North Carolina

0EmailPrintFollowSave

Does anyone know the procedure for getting bonded in NC? I want to start a small business but have been told that I should be bonded first.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Patricia Hamm 4 153 06/05/2009 Flag

All you have to do is call your car insurance agent. Nationwide does bonding and when it is necessary I just call my agent. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

06/05/2009 Flag

Yep, definitely call an insurance agent. It would be wise to call about a half dozen to get the best deal for both the cost and coverage.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cricket 205 896 06/06/2009 Flag

Does anyone have a clue as to the price? I hadn't thought about that part! LOL I'm not lookiing for an exact price, but are we talking less than $100, several hundred, or OMG over $1000? Also any clue as to how long it takes?

Thanks grannygirl and Deeli for your help!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

06/06/2009 Flag

Hi again Cricketnc :-) You're welcome :-) It will depend on what business and what coverage you should have. Depending on the business you might not need to be bonded but you should definitely make sure you have liability coverage! Make a long, long list of questions to ask each and every insurance agent and weigh the results! Oh, and be sure to have it all in writing and review well before signing on the dotted line for the bond/liability policy! ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes