Staining Particle Board Flooring

Category Flooring
You can improve the look of this bonded waste wood underlayment, until you can finish the floor properly with carpet, tile, linoleum or wood. This is a guide about staining particle board flooring.

I am about to remove my carpet from my living room and hoping to stain the particle board underneath. Any suggestions?

Just be aware that particle board comes in 4x8' sheets that aren't centered (so you don't know where the ends are) and the ends soak up stain differently than the center, so the seams will be visible. You may want to seal them too.

I plan on doing the same thing when i empty the room of current furniture. I saw it on hgtv several months ago. maybe search it there. My plan is to steam clean it with a steamer then sand it where it needs it. Then put a light color stain on and wipe it off. I plan on sealing it with a clear sealer.

I've wondered if I could tear up my carpet and use the subfloor but I was thinking of painting, like a high gloss paint. Has anyone tried that?