Reconstituting Dried Gel Eyeliner

I bought gel eyeliner and when I opened it, it was as hard as a rock. Do you have any ideas how to melt it? I tried putting it in a glass of hot water, but had no luck.

By Alexandra from Chattanooga, TN

I would take it back where I bought it from, I wouldn't want to put that on my eyes, even if you got it softened.

You can make homemade makeup medium, which is two parts water to one part glycerine. Try pouring a little on to see if it helps. This stuff is used to make lasting eyeliner out of eyeshadows, so hope it helps!

I am with fatboyslimsmom about taking it back! If it's dried out it's 'old' and most likely contains bacteria that could be harmful to your eyes! It's the same as with mascara where it is highly recommended to throw it out once it begins to dry and not even try to re-moisturize it!

I'm with Deeli and Fatboyslimsmum, it's not worth the risk. Take it back.

Marg from England.

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips EyesJuly 23, 2010
Hand Scooping Out Homemade Hair Gel
Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
Dried Fruit
Storing Dried Fruit
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 2:15:15 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.