Use A Broom To Sweep The Snow

We've been getting a bit of snow here in Nebraska, and it just keeps piling on. I've got a tip for quick snow removal from the car. Purchase a $1 broom at a Dollar Tree or at another dollar store location. Use it to brush snow off your car when it piles on. It's quick, and you won't need to leave your car running while you dig it out.

By JenniP from Lincoln, NE

What a great idea!

I use a push broom. A bit more expensive but it lasts for years. My preference is an old curling broom, since it has a rather narrow head and was designed to work on ice.

I used to do this when I worked and drove our old car to the parking lot. It works marvelously to clean off the whole car right away, but if you do clean the whole car, beware that the stiff bristles on the cheaper brooms will make light scratches on your car. It works on your windows, but will cause fine scratches elsewhere. A more expensive broom will be okay if it has those softer bristles on the end. But test it out first.

January 28, 2011 Flag

If you get just a light, fluffy snow, before you break out the shovel, try sweeping it with a broom -- you may save yourself some work! A shop-type push broom makes the job especially easy!

By Becki in Indiana

Snow Removal
Snow Removal Tips
Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsJanuary 28, 2011
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Spraying a rose bush.
Treating Roses With Witch's Broom Disease
How to Shovel Snow, Man Shoveling Snow
Shoveling Snow
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes