Use Your Broom to Clean The Bathtub

A blue broom with yellow bristles on a white background.This is a way to get no "ring around the tub" when you're pregnant and the belly bump gets in the way of your bending over to clean the bathtub. Simply buy a cheap broom from the Dollar Store and use it specifically to "scrub/sweep" that tub sparkling clean. A little shampoo squirted on that broom will get rid of that oily, dirty ring around the tub. Then, turn on the shower to rinse. By the way, this also works for me now that I'm much older and have difficulty getting on my knees!

More Solutions

A stiff broom with plastic bristles makes a nice tool for cleaning the bathtub without having to bend down. Scouring powder works well with the broom. Of course, if there is an unusual amount of hard water deposit, it may still be necessary to scrape it off with a knife.

Now that I'm an Oldie but Goodie I have found an easier way to clean the bathtub. After my shower, I lightly sprinkle cleanser in tub.

I got a broom from Dollar Tree, wet it and swish it all over, tub and walls.

Will a soft broom ruin my fiberglass tub?

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

I would clean it with a magic eraser. The bristles could scratch the surface.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

I don't think a broom would clean at all. I had a fiberglass tub with a textured bottom in a rental I lived in years back. I hated that tub. The only way I could keep it clean was to leave it soak overnight with water and a mix of tide and Dawn dish soap.

A few squirts of the dawn and 1/2 cap of the tide. You have to keep up with the cleaning or it really difficult to clean without a lot of elbow grease!

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 107 Posts

I dont' think it would ruin it but I don't think it would really clean much of anything. The best way to clean these tupes of surfaces is to wallpaper it with bleach soaked paper towels. You put them all over the tub, leave them for 30 minutes then take them off

Answer this Question

5 Archives

I always use a broom, whenever I wash the bath tub. I sprinkle Comet (or spray scrubbing bubbles, etc.) then sweep all the residue away.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJune 27, 2017
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-Your-Broom-to-Clean-The-Bathtub-2.html