Use Your Broom to Clean The Bathtub

A stiff broom with plastic bristles makes a nice tool for cleaning the bathtub without having to bend down. Scouring powder works well with the broom. Of course, if there is an unusual amount of hard water deposit, it may still be necessary to scrape it off with a knife. But for ordinary cleaning, a broom is useful.

Also I have used a sponge mop to clean out my chest freezer after the ice has melted and I have bailed out most of the water with a cut-off plastic milk jug. (To aid in melting the ice I pour some hot tap water down the sides and loosten the ice with my pancake turner.) Using a mop is much easier than trying to reach in with one's arm to wipe out the last of the water.

By Judy from Valley City, ND

For the past 35 years, I've used a product called Zud on my bathtub. We have extremely hard water and it leaves a very rusty look. Wet down the tub, shake on the Zud, wait 15 minutes, wipe off, rinse. Zud comes in a cardboard container with metal ends, like Ajax or Comet, and is a powder. I'm sure you could use a sponge mop if the scrubbing is a problem for you.

My hubby has been using a broom for the bathtub for about 10 years, he has COPD and his knees are in very bad shape, he can't bend down. I am also doing this to my bathtub as I cannot bend down any more. This is a wonderful idea. Thanks