Toy Octopus for a Kitten

This is a craft to make for a kitten or a playful older cat. I took the plastic strips off of frozen juice cans, put them together so that all the round loops faced the same way and wrapped an elastic band around the base of the loops. (it kind of looks like an octopus). I used 10 strips, then I hung it from the door knob with a string. The kitten thinks it is the best thing to chew on, bat at, and just generally play with, can't beat this for being frugal!

By Cinnamon from Williams Lake

Can you furnish a picture of your toy? I'd like to see it so I can make one but cannot visualize exactly from your description.

Thanks for sharing the idea. That's a way to recycle those plastic strips.

Thanks,

Marsha from San Francisco

Be careful that the cat doesn't chew off a piece of the plastic strips and choke on it. Plastic is very bad for dogs and cats. It can get caught in their throats.

It sounds cute. But I, too, would be wary of pieces of the plastic being chewed off. I gave my cats 2-foot pieces of the heavy plastic strapping that shippers put around boxes, to play with, and surprisingly, they were able to chew them into shreds. I took the straps away for fear the cats would swallow the stringy shreds and choke, or have the strings get caught in their digestive tracts. Please be really careful with cat and dog toys.

kitten playing
Homemade Cat Toys
Pets Cats Cat ToysOctober 12, 2007
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Flea Bath
Giving a Kitten a Flea Bath
Black and White Kitten
Adopting a Kitten
A kitten with a ball of yarn.
Saving Money on Cat Toys
🎉
🎄