Old Stone House B and B Scones

My ancestors came from Ireland; this is a recipe handed down from one of them when they came to America in the 1800's. Grandma re-did it a little to use a stove!

• 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • Ad
  • 7/8 cup milk

Directions:

Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingers or a pastry blender. Add the sugar, baking powder, and raisins and mix together well. Add the milk and mix into a loose dough.

Turn onto a floured board and knead until smooth (about 10 times). Roll out; cut the dough in half, then into quarters and then into eighths. Place on a lightly floured baking sheet, then brush the top of each scone with milk and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated 400 degree F oven. When done transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Source: My family's old recipe

By Jodi from Aurora, CO

This is just about like our recipe Jodi, and I can vouch for how good they are. I loved the raisins in them when I was a child, and I still use raisins although some folks like the dried cranberries better now. I'd never heard of "dried" cranberries when I was a child.

Thank you for sharing your family's recipe.

Pookarina

Scone on a plate with tea cup and saucer off to upper right.
Scones Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PastriesMarch 12, 2011
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Stone Wall
Hammering or Nailing Into Stone
Baking a pizza on a baking stone.
Using a Baking Stone
A heart shaped scone.
Heart Shaped Scones
🎉
🎄