Do you enjoy scones? Try making these delicious and fresh blueberry scones from home! They are much cheaper making from scratch than buying from the bakery too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 8 scones
- 1.5 cup Blueberries
- 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup & 2 tbsp Old Fashion Oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg yolk
- Optional Sliced Almond
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar into a bowl, zest 1 lemon and mix.
- In a bowl, add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, 1 cup oats) and sugar zest from step 1. Whisk ingredients together.
- Whisk heavy cream and honey in a bowl.
- Slowly pour cream into flour mixture and mix until you have sticky textured dough.
- Fold in blueberries.
- On parchment paper and extra flour, pat about 1 inch in a square form for your dough.
- Mix egg yolk and 1 Tbsp. whipping cream. Brush an egg yolk over dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. oats, 2 Tbsp. sugar and some almond slices.
- Cut into triangles. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until ready!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.