Raisin Oatmeal Scones
Try these delicious oatmeal scones made with uncooked oatmeal and either raisins or Craisins.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I've had this book for years and just some scones made today. I used free Craisins in place of raisins, and used whey in place of the milk. This recipe only took one bowl and is perfect for breakfast or anytime. Freezes well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Yield: 8 scones
Source: Tightwad Gazette
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup softened margarine (I used butter)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sour milk (milk with 2 t of vinegar added)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the butter and the raisins.
- Add enough sour milk to moisten. Dont add too much. Divide the dough in half.
- Use floured hands to shape the dough into two flat circles on a greased cookie sheet. Cut into quarters.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush on the egg and bake until golden brown.
- Eat plain, or with butter, jam or honey.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.