Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
Do you enjoy scones? Try making these delicious and fresh blueberry scones from home! They are much cheaper making from scratch than buying from the bakery too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 8 scones
- 1.5 cup Blueberries
- 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup & 2 tbsp Old Fashion Oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Egg yolk
- Optional Sliced Almond
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar into a bowl, zest 1 lemon and mix.
- In a bowl, add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, 1 cup oats) and sugar zest from step 1. Whisk ingredients together.
- Whisk heavy cream and honey in a bowl.
- Slowly pour cream into flour mixture and mix until you have sticky textured dough.
- Fold in blueberries.
- On parchment paper and extra flour, pat about 1 inch in a square form for your dough.
- Mix egg yolk and 1 Tbsp. whipping cream. Brush an egg yolk over dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. oats, 2 Tbsp. sugar and some almond slices.
- Cut into triangles. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until ready!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.