Graduation Gift Basket Ideas

Themed gift baskets are a great idea for that special graduate and can be used for shower or wedding gifts too!

Start with a container of any size (depending on your budget). I use a plastic dorm size garbage can, laundry basket or desk accessory and fill it with items needed upon graduation. This gift can be tailored for each recipient depending on their post graduation plans of attending college or going into the job market and works for both high school and college graduates.

For the high school graduate going to college, I fill a laundry basket with sheet sets, towels, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, desk accessories (tape, stapler, rubber bands, post it notes, paper slips, binder clips, printer paper, desk blotter/calendar, etc.), note cards and stamps, food items (peanut butter, ramen noodles, soups, etc), personal care items, a first aid kit (band-aids, pain reliever, etc), flashlight, extension cord, tool kit, etc.

For the high school graduate heading off to the job market, I provide some high quality paper to be used for resumes and a copy of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace.

For the college graduate, I might fill a kitchen colander with spices and kitchen gadgets. I have also filled a wok pan with necessary spices, cooking tools and a few recipes. I have done snow-cone themed baskets, stock the bar, stock the pantry, container and tool-kit themes.

This gift can be as inexpensive or elaborate as your budget allows. You can also include a gift card to a local fast food restaurant or office supply store. The graduate has a good time looking at all the little items and it is a real money saver the first few weeks of school. It is fun to put together and to receive.

Have fun and Happy Gifting!

Source: Gifts given over the years

By skibum1910 from Prospect, KY

Love those ideas for the graduates! Here's one more. Before Jack and Jill showers were the norm, I filled a tool-box with a measuring tape, hammer, pliers, several screw drivers, picture hanging wire, hooks etc, etc as a shower gift for the groom. My friend and her husband-to-be were so delighted with the gift and the idea, that they immediately did the same for his sister who was getting married a couple of months later.

For the bride at that same shower, I filled a rose box (got it at a flower shop for a dollar or 2) with spices and extracts, a small mortar and pestle and a grinder. (Another success!)

Thoughtful and very practical. Thanks.

Holidays and Parties Gifts GraduationMay 11, 2010
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
A gift basket for guests at a wedding.
Gift Basket Ideas for Wedding Guests
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors