Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Diabetic Pound Cake

I'm looking for a recipe for diabetic pound cake. A delightful lady in my town owns a tiny bakery and asked me if I had such a recipe but search as I might I was unable to find one. The problem is that sugar is required to produce a nice brown crust and I can find no way around this. If anyone has a workaround I'd love to know about it.

Thanks,
Alph from Greenwood, SC

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Tonya [7]01/26/2006

Alph - have you tried just doing a global search on "diabetic pound cake"? Just a thought. I know some of the food site, i. e. Kraft, Pillsbury, etc., have sections for diabetics. You might try there. Hope this helps.

Tonya

By Maryeileen [76]01/23/2006

You can use Splenda instead of sugar.

By Anne [1]01/22/2006

Here's a recipe for a diabetic pound cake from my grandpa, he is a diabetic. Hope it works!
2 c. flour
1/2 c. corn oil
2 eggs
3 lg. ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1 1/2 c. pecans or mixed nuts
1 tsp. soda
1 1/2 tbsp. liquid sugar substitute
4 tbsp. buttermilk
1 c. raisins

Sift flour and soda. Add oil and sugar substitute; mix until light, beat eggs; add (rest of ingredients) and beat until well mixed. Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.