Uses for Leftover Pound Cake

Sliced Pound Cake
Often, there is no leftover pound cake. However, when there is, you can use the leftovers in a variety of other dessert dishes. This is a guide about uses for leftover pound cake.

Can anyone out there give me some ideas on using up left over pound cake? I found this site a couple of weeks ago, and just love it. So many thrifty ideas. I hope I can be of help to someone in the future.

Maangle

Best Answer

Try slicing it, popping it into the toaster or toaster oven until it's a little crispy and brown, then topping with ice cream and strawberry preserves ( or caramel, chocolate sauce.) Especially yummy if you like warm desserts!

Best Answer

English nannies used leftover (and stale!) cake with which to make Trifles. Line a large glass bowl or dish with the cake (toasted, if you wish--good flavor!), heap cut-up fruits, layered with whipped topping (fat-free works fine), decorate top and enjoy. Many edibles can be added to the contents: crumbled cookies, nuts, etc. (if using "trifle bowl," don't forget to decorate around inside next to glass. Complements will be coming! (You can add a bit of sherry over each layer of cake, if you wish; imagine the nannies used this to get their charges to sleep!)

Best Answer

I like to use leftover pound cake for bread pudding. It is great.

Along the same lines as the previous post, I would use it for shortcake for strawberries...mmmm. Also, if you just can't eat it all right now, wrap it in foil and put it in the freezer as it should keep well that way until you want some more.

Trudy Powell

www.mo3bk.com