Pineapple Pound Cake Recipe
If you are looking for a new variation on the traditional pound cake, try adding pineapple. This is a guide about pineapple pound cake recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is my own homemade recipe. It is a very moist fruit filled pound cake.
Total Time: About 20 minutes to add and mix 45 minutes to bake
Yield: 1 large loaf
- 1 /2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple and juice
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Glaze (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk (I use dairy creamer)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Measure out your flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, put 1 stick of butter in the microwave to melt for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup of sugar.
- Begin to mix using an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla, almond extract, and eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until fluffy and smooth.
- Add pineapple and juice, then the vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture slowly mixing until all is mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let this cool, turn onto a plate and turn again until the top is upright.
You can glaze this if you like to. I find it rich enough not to. It is so moist and fruit filled. You will find this delicious. :)
May 6, 20151 found this helpful
This looks delicious! Thumbs up! :)
May 10, 20150 found this helpful
Sounds great! I've gotta try this, thanks!
April 15, 20180 found this helpful
Made this cake, following the directions exactly, and it came out very heavy and dense. It was moist but it was so dense that it seemed mushy. Seems like not enough flour is being used.
April 16, 20180 found this helpful
I'm sorry that the cake didn't turn out. Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience with the recipe.