Homemade Butter Pound Cake Recipe
Using real butter in your homemade pound cake is the key to this delicious dessert. This page contains a homemade butter pound cake recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
January 16, 2016
There is nothing like a rich tasting buttery pound cake! My grandmother always made the best pound cakes. Her secret was lots of real butter and lots of eggs! Even with the cost of both those things, if you want a butter pound cake, you have to splurge. Yummy!
- 4 sticks (1 pound) fresh butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 8 oz. package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 6 jumbo eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk, room temperature (I used French vanilla, fat free sugar, free coffee creamer)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Tbsp confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray oil & flour two large loaf pans. Set aside.
- Break eggs into a measuring cup, it makes it easier to pour one egg at a time.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until all is smooth and creamy.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk together thoroughly.
- Start adding slowly the flour to the cream mixture until all is combined, then add the vanilla & milk (or creamer).
- When mixed completely start evenly pouring the batter into the two baking pans.
- Place in the center of the preheated oven for 1 to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check if done. When it comes out clean, remove from oven.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes, and then gently flip over onto a plate or rack. Sprinkle the top with sifted confectioner's sugar.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.