My Homemade Butter Pound Cake

There is nothing like a rich tasting buttery pound cake! My grandmother always made the best pound cakes. Her secret was lots of real butter and lots of eggs! Even with the cost of both those things, if you want a butter pound cake, you have to splurge. Yummy!

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray oil & flour two large loaf pans. Set aside.
  2. Break eggs into a measuring cup, it makes it easier to pour one egg at a time.
  3. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until all is smooth and creamy.
  4. In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk together thoroughly.
  5. Advertisement

6. Start adding slowly the flour to the cream mixture until all is combined, then add the vanilla & milk (or creamer).
  7. When mixed completely start evenly pouring the batter into the two baking pans.
  8. Place in the center of the preheated oven for 1 to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check if done. When it comes out clean, remove from oven.
  9. Advertisement

10. Let cool for 3-5 minutes, and then gently flip over onto a plate or rack. Sprinkle the top with sifted confectioner's sugar.

! CUP of baking powder??

Seriously, who buys jumbo eggs? Have you tried this with 6 large instead, or would you use 7 large instead of 6 jumbo? Thanks.

1 cup of baking powder?

I am questioning the 1 cup of baking powder also, could someone please answer this question? I'd really like to make this it looks great!

Sounds great, except for the cup of baking powder, LOL! I think it's probably one teaspoon, since there's also a teaspoon of baking soda in the recipe.

Hopefully Jackie H or the editors will correct this soon! I LOVE pound cake!

Yes I will wait till I hear more also. Quite a lot. lol

Wow, I missed the baking powder amount! That would be all or nearly the whole can. I hope this gets edited, it sounds decadent and wonderful.

I have changed the recipe to show only one teaspoon of baking powder. If anyone makes this recipe, please tell us how it turned out.

Thanks for the change in baking powder! What about using large eggs rather than jumbo? Any comment on that?

Anonymous

Can use any size eggs or even less , doesn`t make any difference, I do this all the time.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJanuary 16, 2016
🎃