Scenery: The Needle's Eye (South Dakota)

This was taken along the scenic Needles Highway in South Dakota. Two summers ago, we drove from ND to TX and camped a couple nights in Wind Cave National Park. We LOVED it! The scenery is breathtaking and everything is so calm and peaceful, not like the big city.

We purposely avoided the interstate as much as possible and were so happy we did! Our son (2 at the time) loved seeing all the animals. We highly recommend South Dakota as a vacation spot. You won't be sorry!

By Kelli

One of the most dramatic photos I've seen. Your perspective was excellent! Thanks so much for sharing. Husband and I used to avoid interstates, too. Aren't the "blue highways" great? My memories of those trips are dear to me. Cay from FL

That's awesome! Thumbs up from me! (Stacey in Utah)

Custer State Park, Animals walking on a road
South Dakota Frugal Travel Guide
Photos SceneryNovember 8, 2010
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
North Dakota Christmas Charities
Mt Rushmore
Mt. Rushmore National Memorial Photos and Information
South Dakota Christmas Charities
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies