Printer Not Working After Paper Jam

I have a Kodak Printer that has the scanner and copier. I had a paper jam in it and we got it out. Now when you turn it on all it says on the computer is it has a paper jam. It does not.

My question is, is there a reset button for these things? I paid a lot of money for this thing and we can't even use it. All that came with the printer was how to hook it to the computer, it doesn't say any thing about trouble shooting or anything like that. Please help. Thanks

By Jimmie from Linwood, NC

I have the same printer and mine does that too. Kodak told me to unplug the back of it for about 2 minutes, then plug it back in. I've gotten jams several times and this has always worked for me.

Good luck!

I wish I had thought of that a couple weeks ago. I had a Lexmark that did the same thing. I had one paper jam that we got out and then two sheets of paper it happened again, only this time when we got it out a tiny little piece of paper tore off in an area where we couldn't see it. I followed the online directions for paper jams that were so far down that they couldn't be reached.

I did that several times and basically the directions said the jam would be spit out, but that didn't happen. I was in the process of printing out several hundred sheets of family tree stuff for an elderly aunt(even more elderly than me) and didn't want to forget where I left off, so I called WalMart to see what they had and then sent my developmentally disabled adult daughter with a note and money, in a cab to get a new one. Electronic stuff can be the "pits" at times. lol

The suggestions you have already received probably will solve the problem, but just in case, check to be sure there isn't a tiny piece of paper still in the printer. Sometimes the smallest shred that has broken off the jammed one will cause a problem. Good luck. It is a frustrating issue!

Looking for cartridges for HP Deskjet F380 at reasonable prices.Colour or black. Thanks

Looking for cartridges for HP Deskjet F380 at reasonable prices.Colour or black.Thanks

For computer and peripheral problems such as printers, if nothing you find here works, try ComputerHelpandDiscussion AT yahoogroups.com

They have experts who will help. Pat

Did you try turning it all the way off and even unplugging it, then firing it back up, they do try to reset themselves. Mine makes you push Ok, before it clears. Also consider if there is still something stuck somewhere and make sure it is closed anywhere you may have opened it or open all your options and re-close them.

Click on: Start button --> control panel --> printers & faxes --> click on your printer. A window should pop up that will show everything that was supposed to be printed. Find what got jammed and right click on it to highlight it, then hit "delete" or "cancel" on that pop-up menu. You will need to delete all the jobs that haven't been printed. Click out of all your screens and totally shut the computer down, then re-boot. The disrupted printing jobs should be cleared out and you should be able to use your printer normally. Note: Sometimes one will remain that will finish printing, but the printer should be usable after that. Good Luck.