Removing Crease Left Behind After Removing Hem - Categories:

SewingCrafts

Removing Crease Left Behind After Removing Hem

I'm quite tall and always have to let the hems down in any pants I buy for added length. Recently, I purchased a pair of cotton twill cream colored pants and after letting the hem down, I can't get the crease out. I've tried all my past tricks i.e. ironing, steaming and white vinegar... nothing is working. Please help.

Eva from Roscoe, IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Put lace or some kind of trim along the seem.

Thirty years ago when I was in college and money was tight I use to put really sharp creases in my jeans. While they were still wet out of the washer I'd lay them out with a crease and then use a kitchen knife to gently run up and down the crease and they came out really pronounced. Maybe it would work for you in reverse, to take out creases. Wet the hem, lay it flat and gently run a knife over the seam to try to work it out.

I have used a pressing cloth with vinegar. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. The vinegar smell will go away. I would give it a try.

Crafts SewingMay 9, 2006
Pants with a permanent crease.
Adding a Permanent Crease to Pants
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Kleenex wads
Removing Kleenex from Clothing
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 6:56:43 AM on 10.0.0.118 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.